Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill goes down on a scramble.

Farsendor1

That's awful if he is indeed out for the year.  While I agree with most that cutler makes the most sense, keep in mind that he ended last year short after having surgery on his throwing shoulder.  And whether or not he's been staying in shape since December is anyone's guess.  

That's a tough one.  Cutler makes the most sense if he misses the year for all reasons stated (experience with Gase, no trade compensation, etc).  

Dolphins fans though: is Tannehil officially THE guy yet?  If not, things are gonna get interesting.  Because his dead cap hit lowers dramatically after this season according to Spotrac.  

57 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Dan Marino. Bring him back. He does all that weight watcher stuff he's probably in the best shape of his life. Plus he can wear the HOF jacket on the sidelines. 

He's gotta be starved from eating all those three ounce steaks, cheese pizza bites, and cheeseless sliders. He'd probably pass out.

8 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Just saw that as well. Gah, feel bad for the 'fins.

This doesn't make sense to me that the Phins would want this done... maybe Tanne would, but from the Dolphins' perspective if Tannehill sits out he's probably done as a Dolphin.

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

That's a tough one.  Cutler makes the most sense if he misses the year for all reasons stated (experience with Gase, no trade compensation, etc).  

Dolphins fans though: is Tannehil officially THE guy yet?  If not, things are gonna get interesting.  Because his dead cap hit lowers dramatically after this season according to Spotrac.  

He was definitely loads better last year under Gase. I was hopeful that he could continue this progression but if he's going to miss significant time and be an injury liability moving forward, it may be best to let Gase draft his guy in next year's draft and move on. I like Ryan and am hopeful he can come back from this and succeed, but if not, I'm not sure using up more resources on the guy is a wise idea.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

This tweet is speculation... knee is no worse according to the MRI it was before. Could honestly go either way; decision probably rests with Tannehill's willingness to play after this latest scare. Which is to say I think he will try to rest it again, for better or worse.

My guess at this point?

They have him do the surgery, IR him, start Moore and sign Kaep as a backup.

Reports are that Cutler wants "starter money", i.e. he wants the job handed to him on a silver platter. That won't fly with Gase or in the lockerroom and it ain't happening.

Archived