Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill goes down on a scramble.

Farsendor1

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Cutler would be an improvement over any QB on that roster even with Tannehill

Eh not a huge difference between the two. Cutler is more aggressive which results in higher TD% and higher interception% but they are both 3 games below .500 and in the same tier as quarterbacks imo

Just now, cddolphin said:

Citing QB winzzzzz should be an auto-ban tbh

Well they have been in similar situations. I don't credit QBs with wins/losses but I will point out similar outcomes like this. Their ratings are similar and their success has been similar. I don't think Cutler would be an upgrade and it would be a lateral move at best since Tannehill has been trending up in recent years.

I can see Denver trading Trevor Siemien if they feel good with the progression of Paxton Lynch. A conditional 2nd round pick is probably all it takes, but it really depends on the Broncos wanting to ride with Paxton Lynch. Adam Gase still on good terms with Denver should help if the Phins want to look to make moves. 

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I can see Denver trading Trevor Siemien if they feel good with the progression of Paxton Lynch. A conditional 2nd round pick is probably all it takes, but it really depends on the Broncos wanting to ride with Paxton Lynch. Adam Gase still on good terms with Denver should help if the Phins want to look to make moves. 

I really dont see the phins making a trade. With all the chatter about Cutler and Gase reaching out to him personally etc etc before they even make an official decision to shut Tanne down signals that the ability to get a guy like that to fill in is apart of their decision process. If they can easily find a Cutler or another FA QB they feel good about, I think they make the decision to shut him down. If not, they might be more keen on trying to get Ryan healthy this season. 

Ooof tough blow for the Dolphins. And maybe a tough blow for Landry who's in a contract year if I remember right. Tannehill having a good season could've really helped him out, though I think he'll find a way to make his plays regardless.

On 8/4/2017 at 6:17 AM, cddolphin said:

He's enough of "the guy" that I sincerely doubt he would be cut outright after this season, even if he gets surgery and goes on IR.

Yeah I didn't think he'd be cut outright if he gets IR'd . But his dead cap hit decreases dramatically so they aren't locked into him still.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:23 AM, TheKillerNacho said:

He was definitely loads better last year under Gase. I was hopeful that he could continue this progression but if he's going to miss significant time and be an injury liability moving forward, it may be best to let Gase draft his guy in next year's draft and move on. I like Ryan and am hopeful he can come back from this and succeed, but if not, I'm not sure using up more resources on the guy is a wise idea.

Exactly.  That lower cap hit enables the Fins to wiggle out of commitment and look for a new QB if he doesn't continue progressing or has more health problems.

Archived