Panthers re-sign Julius Peppers

marky mark

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Him and Cam Wake need to write a book about taking care of your body in a demanding environment. High school athletes around the country would benefit (normies too) since it's not being taught in school

I'd get Larry Fitzgerald to write a few chapters, too.

Just now, cddolphin said:

I don't know, I was like 10 O.o

Geez. I'm old. 

Yeah, back then there were teams handing Ephedra out like it was candy. Someone on the Panthers said something along the lines of "If you tested all of us, we'd all fail..."

Ephedra played a big part in Vikings OT Korey Stringer's death in 2001. That was around the time the league cracked down hard on it's use.

Just now, cddolphin said:

Yes but he's not slogging through the trenches and taking contact from big uglies virtually every snap, to be fair.

Fair, but dude is in good enough shape to run and jump with elite athletes on a snap by snap basis.

A few chapters, at the least.

41 minutes ago, Sean Casto said:

That was his rep when he left the Panthers, earlier in his career.
I didn't follow him during his Bears / GB days but from what I know, his Packer teammates loved him as a coach on the field.

His interviews nowadays are night and day different. He's truly, as one would respect, a different person.

Thats how he was after his first 2 seasons in chicago, too.

8 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Thats how he was after his first 2 seasons in chicago, too.

You guys are crazy, Pep was a beast.  Remeber Henry Melton?  Remember when all thought he was a dominant 3 tech?  Yeah what has he done since not having Pep next to him.  Pay no attention to the bitter Bears fans who apparently thought he should have been a 20 sack a year guy instead of 10.  

Side note, he is the largest human being (if you can even call him that) that ive ever seen in person.  On top of that, i swear at 290 lbs he had a 30" waist.  

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You guys are crazy, Pep was a beast.  Remeber Henry Melton?  Remember when all thought he was a dominant 3 tech?  Yeah what has he done since not having Pep next to him.  Pay no attention to the bitter Bears fans who apparently thought he should have been a 20 sack a year guy instead of 10.  

Side note, he is the largest human being (if you can even call him that) that ive ever seen in person.  On top of that, i swear at 290 lbs he had a 30" waist.  

He was a beast.  For his first 2 seasons with Chicago.  He just gave up altogether after the team started being less successful.  You could make an argument he kept it up for season 3, though I recall thinking he tooks some plays off then, but his final season with chicago was certainly showing his lack of effort. I thought it at the time and I do now as well.  I'm glad he had success when he left.

7 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

He was a beast.  For his first 2 seasons with Chicago.  He just gave up altogether after the team started being less successful.  You could make an argument he kept it up for season 3, though I recall thinking he tooks some plays off then, but his final season with chicago was certainly showing his lack of effort. I thought it at the time and I do now as well.  I'm glad he had success when he left.

That whole team gave up, thats why we had to clean house 

Archived