Ravens are releasing WR Jeremy Maclin

AFlaccoSeagulls

The Ravens signed Q and got a couple years out of him.  They signed Smith, Sr and got a couple years out of him.  Jordy seems like a great continuation of that trend.

Apparently the Bears are all over Maclin, is it too early to say they are giving MT10 an embarrassment of riches?

24 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The Bears signed a #1 WR in Allen Robinson and a #3 in Taylor Gabriel. They also have some solid depth guys and a possible legitimate baller in Kevin White if he can stay healthy.

Their WR group is significantly better than the Ravens right now.

Jah,  that's why I said we eagerly release the right!  Happy to give up the title of worst wide receiver corps, and in fact I'll even pass along my Sunday pasttime of yelling " I would have caught that..." at the TV

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Ravens signed Q and got a couple years out of him.  They signed Smith, Sr and got a couple years out of him.  Jordy seems like a great continuation of that trend.

Apparently the Bears are all over Maclin, is it too early to say they are giving MT10 an embarrassment of riches?

We got some good years out of Derek Mason and a couple good/solid out of Mike Wallace.

I think the fact that we got nothing out of Maclin and are releasing him tells what they think he has left.

None of us wanted/expected him back.

22 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

We got some good years out of Derek Mason and a couple good/solid out of Mike Wallace.

I think the fact that we got nothing out of Maclin and are releasing him tells what they think he has left.

None of us wanted/expected him back.

I don't think it's a matter of what he has left. When he was here and healthy for that first game of the year (lol) he was productive. After that, he played scared, he played with zero heart and hustle, and he was just basically making business decisions left and right on the field.

I don't want him back regardless of anything else. 

Dude was soft as HELL. Everything else I can forgive, but I can't remember the last time we had a receiver as soft as this guy on the Ravens. I don't recall him being as timid as he was in previous seasons, so maybe he was playing injured or had shell shock for some reason. Either way, glad he's gone. Best of luck to whatever team picks him up, but I wouldn't expect much.

Yeah I don't know if I'd care to have him in Chicago. People are talking about reuniting him with Nagy but it's not like Maclin was an all pro with him. He had a pretty okay season in KC then a meh season. Don't know if he's good enough to be a 2 anymore. 

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Yeah I don't know if I'd care to have him in Chicago. People are talking about reuniting him with Nagy but it's not like Maclin was an all pro with him. He had a pretty okay season in KC then a meh season. Don't know if he's good enough to be a 2 anymore. 

For the Bears, he'd likely be a 4.  I doubt he'd get significant playing time behind AR15, Cam Meredith (unless someone scoops him up), and Taylor Gabriel.   There used to be rumors linking him to Chicago but I have a feeling with how they've done so far they would save their money.

Archived