Joe Thomas Retiring

TitanLegend

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I personally thinks he comes out of retirement and plays for the Pats in training camp. Solder leaving and the mccourty trade to get the gms whistle wet means a lot.

He's not allowed to do that unless Cleveland releases him or trades him to New England.  Players can't just "retire" and then choose a new team a few months later.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He's not allowed to do that unless Cleveland releases him or trades him to New England.  Players can't just "retire" and then choose a new team a few months later.

Yep. If he is still on contract and decides to return he can only play for the current team. He's on the books for the Browns through 2018, so unless he pulls a Lynch and sits a year and then decides to come back that isn't happening.

On 3/15/2018 at 6:25 PM, showtime said:

Jim Brown is in the discussion for greatest football player ever.

Yes.  I am saying that Joe Thomas belongs in the discussion for best football player ever as much as Jim Brown or any other player who has played for Cleveland does.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:30 AM, sp6488 said:

I know he's a media and fan favorite, but Marshawn Lynch does not belong in that listing of players IMO.

He's probably the most overrated player in recent memory and 99% of it stems from him being the SECOND BEST RB in the year Peterson got put on ice for child abuse and causing a media frenzy by not taking interviews.

End of an era.  It's sad to hear he had to retire.  The man was pure class, through and through.  I will never forget what he did for Crakburn in the last days of his life.  It was so cool of him to go and see him, and even cooler that he said he would check in on Crakburn's wife after his passing.  He was a Hall of Famer on the field and an even better man off the field.   One of the all-time greats.  A first-ballot inductee to Canton without a doubt.

He was a monster LT forever. Lowkey sad for him having to play on the browns... Shut down. 

Him and Roos were my favorite tackles for like ten years.

I hope Lewan can have something like a Joe like career 

Gonna miss him and I feel old

Archived