Bills sign DE Trent Murphy

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

geez 3 years 21 mil? the guy is coming off a major injury and has done nothing with his career. Best year he had was in 2016 with 9 sacks.

I mean we turned Jerry Hughes into a guy worth a $50M contract so Murphy could recover from this well and be a great asset for us. $7M AAV with probably half that in guarantees for a good rotational DL is certainly nothing to sweat over.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I mean we turned Jerry Hughes into a guy worth a $50M contract so Murphy could recover from this well and be a great asset for us. $7M AAV with probably half that in guarantees for a good rotational DL is certainly nothing to sweat over.

Maybe Shaq Lawson is now the key piece to getting to pick 2 and thats why they went with this guy. Giants did just land their LT so they may be willing to take pass rusher instead of drafting chubb get Lawson along with pick 12 and 2019 1st rd pick.

Vic Carucci‏Verified account @viccarucci 1m1 minute ago

More

I've been told the #Bills' signing of FA DE Trent Murphy does not impact the status of Jerry Hughes whatsoever.

One thing I read on twitter was that Lawson may move inside on passing downs to replace Star. 

Hughes-Lawson-Williams/Washington-Murphy should be able to get pressure.

Something that should be mentioned is that Trent started off as a LB and has only like two years of experience at end and was quite good when he moved there. I'd say he has some potential to improve at that position. Great guy against the run too. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills need as many pass rushers and depth as possible. Doesn't seem likely. 

Yeah I think next season will be the year we move on from him. We'd have the cap room to make a splash signing or can draft one. 

We have basically unlimited cap room as all these bad bad contracts begin coming off the books next year so I am all for kicking the tires on major improvement to next season. The expectation should still be playoffs, but we only barely made it last year because the AFC was a damn dumpster fire of terrible. 

Archived