Free Agency: Rumors, Visits, Signings, etc

saintsfan

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

@navysaintsfan scratch that, I don't want OBJ.  He's holding out for a new contract and it sounds like he wants 20+ /yr.  I'm not willing to give him 5/100, hell even giving him Antonio Brown money would be 17/yr

Then I am on board with you xD I don't even wanna pay a QB $20 million, let a lone a WR more than $10 million. You hamstring a team with contracts that big -cough Brees cough-

5 hours ago, Raves said:

@navysaintsfan scratch that, I don't want OBJ.  He's holding out for a new contract and it sounds like he wants 20+ /yr.  I'm not willing to give him 5/100, hell even giving him Antonio Brown money would be 17/yr

I wouldn’t touch OBJ. He’s a guy that I see imploding over the next five years. The worst thing you could do is put him around his homeboys in Louisiana. 

6 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Then I am on board with you xD I don't even wanna pay a QB $20 million, let a lone a WR more than $10 million. You hamstring a team with contracts that big -cough Brees cough-

You also hamstring a team when you have the #1 offense, so you go draft another running back, QB, waterboy, and then bring in Brandon Browner, and maybe 1 or 2 other guys that are work a hill of crap on defense.

I'm so glad we're finally recruiting good again. 

I've read that we are visiting with Cameron Meredith, Bears WR. I was a big fan a few seasons ago...but then he got hurt last season. But, no questions that the talent is there...so why not bring him in and hope that our medical staff is capable of making an educated decision.

13 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I've read that we are visiting with Cameron Meredith, Bears WR. I was a big fan a few seasons ago...but then he got hurt last season. But, no questions that the talent is there...so why not bring him in and hope that our medical staff is capable of making an educated decision.

I believe he's played TE for the Bears as well...no?

9 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

The raiders just released their tight end. Sounds like hell be a quick pick up. 

I know nothing about him, and I'm mobile right now. Anyone know about this guy?

His name sounds good in a British accent

thats all I got on him at the moment, hope that helps lol

10 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

The raiders just released their tight end. Sounds like hell be a quick pick up. 

I know nothing about him, and I'm mobile right now. Anyone know about this guy?

Clive Walford... Former Miami Hurricane. Rumor was that the Saints were high on him coming out of the draft. Wont be suprised if we take a look. Pretty decent combo TE.

10 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Saints just brought back Benjamin Watson on a one year deal. Really like this deal, if it comes cheap. He can teach a young, late round pick and he will definitley be a good locker room guy!

Love the signing as well... Watson is a ideal fit as a dual TE and lockerroom leader. I hope we can get one more solid year out of him but I dont think this rules out a guy like Hayden Hurst at 27.

1 hour ago, whodatOL said:

Saints just brought back Benjamin Watson on a one year deal. Really like this deal, if it comes cheap. He can teach a young, late round pick and he will definitley be a good locker room guy!

I’d be shocked if the Saints don’t select a TE in the first four rounds. Watson was a good signing though.

• 2 weeks later...

So freaking happy! The Saints signed Cameron Meredith. Injury prone? IDK... imo the Bears put him in some very difficult positions. At any rate, I think we resolved the WR need and set ourselves up to have more options (which I'll explain below). With this signing, I think the FO also sent Snead a message with this signing. I, for one, like this move. 

1st round options as I view them:

1) stay put and select BPA

2) trade down for more picks due to deep class at skill positions needed

3) trade up... question would be, trade up for who?

Archived