Free Agency: Rumors, Visits, Signings, etc

saintsfan

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

So I have a close friend of mine who is a bit of a birdy for me with the Patriots. He has a close family member who works with the team. We talk NFL insider stuff all the time. I normally don't talk rumblings from my birdies, but I saw someone in the Mock Draft forum mention this in one of their drafts and honestly...it's intriguing. We love pulling off trades with NE. What if the Pats offered Gronk for our first?

Considering how good our drafting has been lately, I'll take the 1st rounder for a guy on his rookie contract and the cap flexibility that comes with it. Plus Gronk has too much injury history for my liking. 

3 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

What if the Pats offered Gronk for our first?

NO!! The guy can't stay on the field.

He'd the best TE in the league, when he's on the field. He's only play 2 complete season, his Rookie and Sophomore seasons. The guy is a beast, right up until he's not, and that just doesn't work. Really similar to Terron Armstead.

If he were a CB, or RB, or something where you have so many to choose from, that would be fine. But that piece is so critical, and he'd be awesome, and likely gone after 6-10 games.

4 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

So I have a close friend of mine who is a bit of a birdy for me with the Patriots. He has a close family member who works with the team. We talk NFL insider stuff all the time. I normally don't talk rumblings from my birdies, but I saw someone in the Mock Draft forum mention this in one of their drafts and honestly...it's intriguing. We love pulling off trades with NE. What if the Pats offered Gronk for our first?

No thanks. 

Archived