Free Agency: Rumors, Visits, Signings, etc

saintsfan

42 minutes ago, jcvoodoo said:

True dat. So, camp body perhaps?

Also, Kelemete signed with Houston. Will we seek OL depth in rounds 4-6 now?

I have for us to get, from most required to least is DE, WR and OG. Depending on how Jordy's visit works out, we might go DE and OG with our first two picks.

9 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I have for us to get, from most required to least is DE, WR and OG. Depending on how Jordy's visit works out, we might go DE and OG with our first two picks.

I think that TE is a monumental need. I could also see the Saints going QB round one. I still think that the Saints need youth and speed at LB and DE.

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that TE is a monumental need. I could also see the Saints going QB round one. I still think that the Saints need youth and speed at LB and DE.

Good call on TE. I completely blanked.

So where do you rank TE, DE, LB and OG as needs? In terms of most pressing to least?

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

So where do you rank TE, DE, LB and OG as needs? In terms of most pressing to least?

TE/DE, OG, LB in my opinion.

I would still be all for us taking a LB in round 1, but it's less of a need with Davis now on the roster.

27 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

#1 TE (Fleener is awful and Hill is nothing more than a decent blocker)

#2 DE (Until Okafor signs the jack position is vacant)

#3 WR (The Saints have already tried to trade for Landry and are in the hunt for Nelson. They have Snead on a non-compensation tender and didn’t even offer Coleman a tender. The Saints have Thomas and an aging Ginn, who’s better suited as a #3.)

#4 QB (The time to find a plan for the future is this draft. This is the deepest QB class I can remember.)

#5 LB (Even with Davis signing...I think that the position can be upgraded. Lots of very good 1st round LBs this year.)

#6 OL depth (the loss of Strief and Kelemete hurt big time. We are very strong but paper thin on the OL.)

#7 DT (the Saints could really use another interior lineman for pass rush situations. Davison also could be improved upon.)

I expect the WR and DE positions to be addressed in free agency so that they aren’t pressing needs entering the draft. There’s not a single TE available in free agency that would make me shy away from going TE in the draft. I’d be shocked if the Saints don’t get a good TE in this draft. They have to improve on third downs and in the red zone. But after that, I see the Saints going BPA in the positions above.

I think we really need a versatile backup on the offensive line. The Saints have usually been good at finding those guys late in the draft or as undrafted free agents. Hopefully they do that again.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

The #Raiders deal for WR Jordy Nelson is not a done deal just yet. I’m told they have real competition from the #Saints. They are making a hard push. The #Seahawks aren’t out yet. He’s still in Oakland, but...

I’ve spent the last, what, decade? hating suh for being a cheap shot artist and dirty player.

id love for more talent on our line and I know Suh would make that happen, but I just flat out don’t like the guy 

Archived