Free Agency: Rumors, Visits, Signings, etc

saintsfan

Allegedly Eric Decker will be visiting New Orleans. That would be an enormous signing. From the very beginning...he has been my WR target #1. Very underrated...an absolutely monster from the slot and in the red zone. I honestly think he would make a bigger impact than Graham would have made. It would allow us to focus on nailing down the TE position in the draft. 

36 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Allegedly Eric Decker will be visiting New Orleans. That would be an enormous signing. From the very beginning...he has been my WR target #1. Very underrated...an absolutely monster from the slot and in the red zone. I honestly think he would make a bigger impact than Graham would have made. It would allow us to focus on nailing down the TE position in the draft. 

And his wife is hot

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Decker would be a really good fit and in the Slot with Brees and these weapons he could be a 8-10 TD guy. There is def a nitch for him here in this offense and his ability to block fits with what we are now.

I don't know if you guys saw, but Coach shot down the Decker "visit" in Sean Payton fashion on Twitter xD He's visiting Oakland. I'm kind of shocked we are not seeing more offensive FAs come through. Maybe we are targeting more in the draft? WR and TE? Filling the defensive holes with quality FA?

54 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

I don't know if you guys saw, but Coach shot down the Decker "visit" in Sean Payton fashion on Twitter xD He's visiting Oakland. I'm kind of shocked we are not seeing more offensive FAs come through. Maybe we are targeting more in the draft? WR and TE? Filling the defensive holes with quality FA?

The more and more this offseason plays itself out im becoming convinced that SMU's WR Courtland Sutton is a very strong possibility at 27.

27 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

The more and more this offseason plays itself out im becoming convinced that SMU's WR Courtland Sutton is a very strong possibility at 27.

I think it would be pretty dumb to pigeon hole yourself into selecting a particular position in the draft. WR and TE are both very deep. There will be quality players through the fourth round at those positions. I’m all for drafting a TE and WR...but not at the expense of not selecting a better prospect at a position with less depth (LB, DE).

I don’t think there is anything left worth investing it at TE in FA right now (maybe Gates...?). But it’s silly to not sign a WR...a position that is a pressing need and has been rather deep in FA. Decker and Hurns should be recruited right now. 

12 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think it would be pretty dumb to pigeon hole yourself into selecting a particular position in the draft. WR and TE are both very deep. There will be quality players through the fourth round at those positions. I’m all for drafting a TE and WR...but not at the expense of not selecting a better prospect at a position with less depth (LB, DE).

I don’t think there is anything left worth investing it at TE in FA right now (maybe Gates...?). But it’s silly to not sign a WR...a position that is a pressing need and has been rather deep in FA. Decker and Hurns should be recruited right now. 

Agree a lot on Decker and Hurns. I'm starting to like Hubbard at 27 to be honest. Let's keep the OSU to Saints trend going. It's been working so far.

4 hours ago, saintsfan said:

And his wife is hot

My wife (the Vikings fan) has always been a Decker fan due to his hair when he was in Denver. What's with the hair? Oh, yeah, that's why she liked me too. I guess I'll just shut up :)

2 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I saw two sources confirm he was on his way to New Orleans earlier on Twitter 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Not pigeon holing anything... Just pointing out that for the 27th pick I have a ☁ of prospects i think could be availabe and of that ☁ Sutton is a need and great fit... However so is Taven Bryan if we dont land Suh.

Archived