Free Agency: Rumors, Visits, Signings, etc

saintsfan

12 hours ago, JMG5 said:

We would have to make a lot of moves in order to fit him in here. I doubt it happens.

I dont think the Saints are gonna be his choice... Mostly because we will likley offer the least amount of cash. I do think he will sign with the Rams but one thing I find odd is why leave LA and go back to Oregon? If he does pick the Rams, why not just stick around for a few days instead of flying back? Just seems unnessessarly inconvenient too me but hey, I didnt make 60 million over the last 3 years! LOL

Another thing thats perplexing to me is that while many have allowed themselves to get hyped up about a potential Suh/Donald pairing... The one main aspect that everyone is forgetting is that Donald is entering the last year of his rookie deal and is set to be the higest paid defender in the NFL. Suh got his pay day in Miami but he isnt gonna work for free so between Donalds looming contract and Suhs pay rate for at least the next 3 years both would be FA in 2019 and to keep both the Rams would have to sacrifice a ton of talent around them.

To me, it's between the Rams and Saints. Why would he want to go to Tennessee? No knock on their program, it just doesn't have the pieces we have, or LA has.

No denying the Rams have a good team and a "must win now" attitude, considering they have just a few years left on some rookie contracts that will demand mega money.

The Saints are right there with the Rams (in my opinion) as far as the ability to make a deep playoff run, and are also carrying a "must win now" attitude as we've got 1 or 2 years left with our HOF QB.

I think the Saints super strong push and rearrange as much as possible to capitalize on the remaining years with Brees. Loomis has already been hard at work to free up cap space, and I think he's got more tricks up his sleeve. He never leaves it all out there early on.

38 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

To me, it's between the Rams and Saints. Why would he want to go to Tennessee? No knock on their program, it just doesn't have the pieces we have, or LA has.

No denying the Rams have a good team and a "must win now" attitude, considering they have just a few years left on some rookie contracts that will demand mega money.

The Saints are right there with the Rams (in my opinion) as far as the ability to make a deep playoff run, and are also carrying a "must win now" attitude as we've got 1 or 2 years left with our HOF QB.

I think the Saints super strong push and rearrange as much as possible to capitalize on the remaining years with Brees. Loomis has already been hard at work to free up cap space, and I think he's got more tricks up his sleeve. He never leaves it all out there early on.

How do the Rams plan on using their three DTs? Brockers is typically NT. Will Suh play 3-tech and Donald play strong side DE/5-tech? In a good to get your three best players on the field...one of those three will need to play outside...especially in a 3-4 base. 

The Saints on the other hand have Jordan at strong side DE with Rankins at UT...but the other interior DL spot is up for grabs. There just seems to be more of an upgrade by add Suh to the Saints than Suh to the Rams. 

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I dont think the Saints are gonna be his choice... Mostly because we will likley offer the least amount of cash. I do think he will sign with the Rams but one thing I find odd is why leave LA and go back to Oregon? If he does pick the Rams, why not just stick around for a few days instead of flying back? Just seems unnessessarly inconvenient too me but hey, I didnt make 60 million over the last 3 years! LOL

Another thing thats perplexing to me is that while many have allowed themselves to get hyped up about a potential Suh/Donald pairing... The one main aspect that everyone is forgetting is that Donald is entering the last year of his rookie deal and is set to be the higest paid defender in the NFL. Suh got his pay day in Miami but he isnt gonna work for free so between Donalds looming contract and Suhs pay rate for at least the next 3 years both would be FA in 2019 and to keep both the Rams would have to sacrifice a ton of talent around them.

I actually figured all of the Rams moves this offseason to create cap was in preparation of extending Donald to a huge contract so getting Suh would put a damper in the money he will get.  I think that Suh flew back to Oregon, even if he ends up signing with the Rams, is to be able to go home and let the visit sit for a little to be able to reflect on the situation with a clearer head than you do in the moment as well as probably talk it over with family/advisors which is smart.

On 3/21/2018 at 12:16 PM, navysaintsfan said:

She is boring :/ They can't all be MrsNSF xD

Pardon me good sir, I kind of want to see "MrsNSF" now  (of course not your ACTUAL misses, the one that puts this girl to shame) LOL

To contribute to the current discussion though, I have a feeling that Suh is going to the Rams. However, I also think we have a legitimate chance.

If he really wanted to go home and consult him family and friends, then I truly believe he is weighing how well he fits into the scheme, given that

he had a problem with this in the past. It might happen guys! :D

6 hours ago, BossierWhoDat said:

Pardon me good sir, I kind of want to see "MrsNSF" now  (of course not your ACTUAL misses, the one that puts this girl to shame) LOL

To contribute to the current discussion though, I have a feeling that Suh is going to the Rams. However, I also think we have a legitimate chance.

If he really wanted to go home and consult him family and friends, then I truly believe he is weighing how well he fits into the scheme, given that

he had a problem with this in the past. It might happen guys! :D

It's pretty obvious that navysaintsfan is actually Brad Pitt. I thought that everyone on this forum knew that already.

Archived