Tannehill Leaves Practice w/ Knee Injury

cddolphin

All indications are that it was his previously hurt knee.  Everyone is assuming ACL and that he's done for the year.  What a damn punch to the nuts.  Season is over before it started.  The worst part is that the team is still good enough to where they won't have a legit shot at picking Darnold. 

4 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, have to imagine that's the last we see of Tanny in a Dolphins uniform if it is indeed a torn ACL.

I got kind of numb when the news first broke this morning but it's hitting me hard now. I can't believe we're going to have to deal with this. Everything was looking so rosy this season.

The silver lining is that the Dolphins truly don't have many high-priority FAs (besides Landry) with expiring contracts after this season. I don't think they would cut Tannehill straight up in 2018. They're not cap-strapped.

I'm hoping this scares your GM into bringing in somebody in case something does happen to Tannehill.  It's one thing to lose him with a veteran backup (Cutler perhaps), it's another thing to lose him without any backup late in the season like last year.  Really hoping he stays healthy for you guys this year. 

10 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm hoping this scares your GM into bringing in somebody in case something does happen to Tannehill.  It's one thing to lose him with a veteran backup (Cutler perhaps), it's another thing to lose him without any backup late in the season like last year.  Really hoping he stays healthy for you guys this year. 

Matt Moore is about as good as a backup as you're going to get, honestly. Did he falter in the playoffs? Sure, but you can't expect a backup QB to win the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Matt Moore is about as good as a backup as you're going to get, honestly. Did he falter in the playoffs? Sure, but you can't expect a backup QB to win the Super Bowl.

Then what's the point of making it to the playoffs if you don't have a QB who can get you there? 

32 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Then what's the point of making it to the playoffs if you don't have a QB who can get you there? 

If you have only your backup QB, there's not. It's not like Cutler or even Romo and least of all Kaep make us contenders, either.

The main point of a backup QB is to start a few games for you if your starter goes down to a short-term injury, or to come in for a few plays if he gets banged up. You don't recover from a starting QB going down for the year, generally.

Archived