Tannehill Leaves Practice w/ Knee Injury

cddolphin

Even if Tannehill does not need surgery he will be playing on a weak knee that most likely will not make it through the season.  It will remind me a lot of the season Pennington was at QB with his noodle arm and glass shoulder, he was great while it was good but you knew it was a matter of time before it would break and it did.

I read where Cutler and Osweiler might be the logical picks as both are available and familiar with Gase and his system. If Miami is going to bring in a guy I sort of like Cutler but I think Moore should get the shot until he proves he cannot do it. I think this team is talented enough that they can win with either one.

Maybe Ross needs to get the checkbook out and sign Kirk Cousins this off season

On 8/4/2017 at 10:42 AM, hrubes20 said:

Surgery is still a possibility.  Again, such a punch to the nuts.

Given the up and down of his career, I'd agree.  I was hoping that him working with Adam Gase would help his issues, but it doesn't work if he's not on the field.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Cutler signed, which makes me think Tannehill goes the surgery route. Soooooo happy it's not Kap. Cutler did well in Gase's offense before, so there is at least a bit of optimism with this move.

Not sure either is going to be one you can really rally around, but Cutler probably can at least keep the Dolphins afloat.  Don't think Kap does that.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not sure either is going to be one you can really rally around, but Cutler probably can at least keep the Dolphins afloat.  Don't think Kap does that.

Tannehill isn't that guy either.  This team was never going to have a pass-dependant offense with Ajayi busting out like he did last year.  A guy who could manage a good game while still having some playmaking ability if need be is what this offense was geared for.  Cutler has had success being that guy before.  Cutler under Gase was really dang similar to Tannehill under Gase last year:

Cutler: 311/483 (64.4%), 3659 yds, 21 TDs, 11 INTs in 15 games

Tanny: 261/389 (67.1%), 2995 yds, 19 TDs, 12 INTs in 13 games

I like this better then any other options that have been talked about. Tannehill's knee will never be good without surgery and there will be a question even after surgery. Cutler and Moore will be about the best case scenario we can hope for this season, I think this team should still be a playoff contender if the injuries are minimal this year  and Miami will have to address the QB situation next spring. I would still like to see the Dolphins make a play for Kirk Cousin's next year with A hopefully healthy Tannehill to use as trade bait.

Archived