Demario Davis agrees to 3-year, $24 million deal with Saints

BossierWhoDat

1 hour ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I'm not familiar with him, what yall think?

Big time!!!

Saints fair better in the FA linebacker market than they do in the draft. Davis, like Robinson is a great athlete that has put it all together over the last couple years.

If your a PFF guy your gonna love it... Robinson and Davis were PFF's top FA corner and linebacker.

He had one good year.. not a fan of this. I know it was a need, but with the depth in the draft I really wanted us to find a LB there. They would have been cheaper and probably better. 

6 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

He had one good year.. not a fan of this. I know it was a need, but with the depth in the draft I really wanted us to find a LB there. They would have been cheaper and probably better. 

What says we won't?? 

11 minutes ago, jcvoodoo said:

What says we won't?? 

We still might. It just seems like they're addressing the need for a LB in free agency. The draft would have been a cheaper option, but Davis had a good year last year and hopefully he continues to play well. The contract seems like a lot of guaranteed money though.

23 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Cheaper yes, better no... Unless they wanna trade up Smith, Edmounds and Evans will be off the board.

Mike Nolan will keep him straight.

Davis is also a really good blitzer from the LB position. He got 5 sacks last year.It's not the same as adding Suh, but I think it'll help get more pressure on the QB.

WLB: Anzalone/Robertson

MLB: Davis/Te'o

SLB: Klein/Stupar

Not a whole lot of coverage ability there, but I think that's a pretty solid group. Good against the run and possibly average in coverage.

5 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Davis is also a really good blitzer from the LB position. He got 5 sacks last year.It's not the same as adding Suh, but I think it'll help get more pressure on the QB.

WLB: Anzalone/Robertson

MLB: Davis/Te'o

SLB: Klein/Stupar

Not a whole lot of coverage ability there, but I think that's a pretty solid group. Good against the run and possibly average in coverage.

We just got P-Rob for the coverage! 

Archived