Demario Davis agrees to 3-year, $24 million deal with Saints

BossierWhoDat

6 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Davis is also a really good blitzer from the LB position. He got 5 sacks last year.It's not the same as adding Suh, but I think it'll help get more pressure on the QB.

WLB: Anzalone/Robertson

MLB: Davis/Te'o

SLB: Klein/Stupar

Not a whole lot of coverage ability there, but I think that's a pretty solid group. Good against the run and possibly average in coverage.

From what I've read, Davis is really good in coverage too. He's 6'2" and about 240, so not super tall, but light, so he's fast & agile.

Only missed 1 game over the past 5 seasons, which is something we haven't said at LB since Vilma.

I like it!

4 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

From what I've read, Davis is really good in coverage too. He's 6'2" and about 240, so not super tall, but light, so he's fast & agile.

Only missed 1 game over the past 5 seasons, which is something we haven't said at LB since Vilma.

I like it!

From what I understand, he's really good in short areas. If it's anything more than 5-10 yards, he gets a little lost. Despite being a great athlete. Who knows, maybe Nolan gets him to become better in coverage.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

From what I understand, he's really good in short areas. If it's anything more than 5-10 yards, he gets a little lost. Despite being a great athlete. Who knows, maybe Nolan gets him to become better in coverage.

Interesting. Well, beyond 5-10 yards, we'll have Williams, Coleman & P-Rob, so I'm pretty comfy with that :)

After further evaluation I think this is a pretty good signing. Though the contact may be pricey, this guy is super durable. Durability has been a huge issue for the Saints at the LB position. If he plays like he did last year and is able to stay healthy like he has been for his entire career then this is an excellent signing. 

On 3/14/2018 at 3:41 PM, Raves said:

Also these FA signings are putting us in a position that if we do want to draft a QB in the first then we won't be sacrificing at a defensive position of need.

And with all the teams shaking it up and grabbing QBs, there’s a chance one falls to us or falls enough we can make a trade to move up

15 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

And with all the teams shaking it up and grabbing QBs, there’s a chance one falls to us or falls enough we can make a trade to move up

Anyone else catch Sean Payton's letter on MMQB? He states that when Benson died he got the news while at UCLA proday... Checking in on Rosen maybe???

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

Anyone else catch Sean Payton's letter on MMQB? He states that when Benson died he got the news while at UCLA proday... Checking in on Rosen maybe???

I'm not sure we can even trade up for Rosen. There are so many teams in front of us that might make a move.
Ravens, Bengals, Buffalo, Chargers, Dolphins, and then the Steelers and Patriots will be looking too.

I just don't see Rosen happening, not even with a super saucy trade up, which I'd be highly against anyway.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I'm not sure about Rosen specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised if our goal this draft was to come away with a QB of the future. While there is ALOT of QB needy teams, I reckon if any of the QBs we like (be it Mayfield, Rosen etc.) falls past 15, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up a la Chiefs and Texans style. This is as deep of a QB class as I've seen, and it seems Payton/Brees/Loomis have wanted a heir apparent since atleast last draft (Mahomes). Again that's if we solve our issues via FA.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm not sure we can even trade up for Rosen. There are so many teams in front of us that might make a move.
Ravens, Bengals, Buffalo, Chargers, Dolphins, and then the Steelers and Patriots will be looking too.

I just don't see Rosen happening, not even with a super saucy trade up, which I'd be highly against anyway.

Yep... Add the Jets to that list. They just aquired the #3 pick.

Archived