Narcos Mexico S2- Returns 2/13/20

Dingo18287

• 9 months later...

Gonna miss Pascal, and the whole Colombian setting. I liked the bits when they're delve into the CIA Bill/Castano Brothers stuff. It's fascinating.

But holy hell I didn't know that Pena was gonna be playing friggin Kiki!!!

Makes me so much more excited to watch. 

*Slight possible but not really though spoiler ahead*

Anyone remember when in season 1, Pena refers to a "Kiki" when he and Murphy are talking about Murphy being threatened by the narcos? He says that the narcos wouldn't really dark touch a federal agent because of what happened to Kiki aka Camarena. Murphy says he's like the "DEA Jesus....He died so that all of us could live." 

Basically, Kiki was deep undercover with one of the Mexican cartels, and of course the cartel found out and they basically tortured him in the most horrible ways imaginable, killed him, and dismembered his body. Then, because of that, the US and Mexican governments basically go full on "Carrillo" on the Mexican narcos. Just killing em left and right.

So that tells us a few things....One is that this story will be taking place BEFORE that of any season of Narcos. Likely in the late 70s all the way to early and late 80s. 

And two....that Michael Pena's character's fate is..... well, not great. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dingo18287 said:

Just finished it last night. Thought it was excellent. Also, the actresses playing Isabella and Rafa's spoiled rich girlfriend are 10/10.

I didnt think Isabella was anything special tbh, but Rafa's gf was hot.

Might be my favorite season so far, close with season 3.

Edited by Fresh Prince