Mitchell-Gay-Golden all gone.

AFF

1 hour ago, JPeezy55 said:

I'm very much willing to give Wilcox a chance to start, and let him have a full off-season and camp in the system. However, I'd really like to have a 1st or 2nd round safety in camp to compete with him there, which is what I'm hoping they are thinking too.

At the very least, I think he's a good 3rd safety or starts for a few weeks until the rookie as able. That's my hope at least 

Yeah, I really like him as the 3rd safety in a big nickel defense. He fits that spot pretty well. Tough guy, can tackle, good in run support. 

37 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

he was at one time highly regarded, but did injuries cause him to be released ?

I think it was a mix of injuries and money but honestly I can't say I completely understand the move by the O's and the Cardinals I think it was a dumb move on their part I know they have budda Baker who they believe in but to get rid of somebody as good as Tyrann Mathieu I just don't think it makes any sense

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I think it was a mix of injuries and money but honestly I can't say I completely understand the move by the O's and the Cardinals I think it was a dumb move on their part I know they have budda Baker who they believe in but to get rid of somebody as good as Tyrann Mathieu I just don't think it makes any sense

They wanted him to take a pay cut or restructure and he didn't want to take it.  They needed the money for the QB position and had Baker in the wings who played well when Mathieu was out, so they moved on.

42 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Reportedly Mathieu is seeking $11M/yr.

Which most likely makes him unavailable to us.

it was nice have a playmaker safety wasn't it? I don't expect another Troy (ever) but this $11M deal won't happen here

Just now, Chieferific said:

If true that conflicts with his previous statement about it not being about the money and it was more about winning. 

what have we won?  Does this mean he wants to play for the eagles or pats?

Just now, 3rivers said:

what have we won?  Does this mean he wants to play for the eagles or pats?

Well winning doesn't have to mean SB. After all, no team is guaranteed to win the SB Preseason. I took it (as should you) as him saying he wants to play for a team that is competitive and has a chance at winning the SB. But then again if the $11 Million is true you can throw that out the window because it is about the money (which is fine). 

Archived