Vikings trade for Trevor Siemen, QB

CriminalMind

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Sees the field well with bad decision making?

weird right? He doesn't seem to have tunnel vision, but still throws some very questionable passes.

I'd say the same thing of Case Keenum, but for him it may be less about seeing the field and more so his ability to extend dead plays. It's a weird combination.

how would you explain it?

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

weird right? He doesn't seem to have tunnel vision, but still throws some very questionable passes.

I'd say the same thing of Case Keenum, but for him it may be less about seeing the field and more so his ability to extend dead plays. It's a weird combination.

how would you explain it?

I haven’t watched enough of him to say. Just seemed odd to me that seeing the field was a strength and that decision  Making was a weakness.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I haven’t watched enough of him to say. Just seemed odd to me that seeing the field was a strength and that decision  Making was a weakness.

He has 20/20 and can see the whole field... just not the right receiver.

honestly... 

Case was good at finding the open receiver. Just not always the REALLY wide open receiver down the field... good vision, just not the best decision. 

Case also had the benefit of two of the top 5 route runners in the NFL playing with him.

honestly what? Man I can’t say anything right tonight. To me, having good field vision equates with quickly processing routes, going through reads across the whole field and making the right decision. Maybe I’m wrong. 

34 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Case also had the benefit of two of the top 5 route runners in the NFL playing with him.

honestly what? Man I can’t say anything right tonight. To me, having good field vision equates with quickly processing routes, going through reads across the whole field and making the right decision. Maybe I’m wrong. 

Whoa. I was completely being a smart Alec with my comments. Really thought you got that there, I’m sorry.

And I agree with you 100% they are the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Whoa. I was completely being a smart Alec with my comments. Really thought you got that there, I’m sorry.

And I agree with you 100% they are the same thing. 

Having a hard time discerning sarcasm tonight, my fault! 

Time to put the phone down I guess

Siemian took over from Peyton Manning as Denver’s starter in 2016 and threw for 3,401 yards with 18 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 14 starts. He took a step back last season, throwing for 2,285 yards with 12 touchdowns and 14 interceptions while starting 10 of the 11 games in which he appeared.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/14/vikings-trade-for-broncos-qb-trevor-siemian-to-back-up-kirk-cousins/

37 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

It appears it is what I thought it would be (one of the possibilities)

Siemian plus a 7th (225) for a 2019 5th round pick, not a 6th.

Perhaps he meant that the 2019 5th round pick, being a year removed, equates with a 2018 6th round pick?  Aren't future picks valued as one round later for current drafts?

2 minutes ago, perrynoid said:

Perhaps he meant that the 2019 5th round pick, being a year removed, equates with a 2018 6th round pick?  Aren't future picks valued as one round later for current drafts?

Yup, that's the standard way of calculating things in terms of draft pick values.

Cousins was pleased to the see the Vikings pick Siemian as his backup on Wednesday.

Cousins: “I look forward to connecting with him in the future here pretty quickly. I just think he’ll be a great addition. I love the fact that there’s someone else in the quarterback room who will have been in the fire and have played. I think that’s a great person to lean on, someone who really knows what it’s like, the ups and the downs.”

Cousins and Siemian are both represented by agent Mike McCartney.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/03/15/former-pro-bowl-selection-sheldon-richardson-visits-vikings/

Archived