Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

12 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

That makes....zero sense

It makes plenty of sense. 

Bridgewater’s presence would split the locker room. He’s so well liked, and has such a magnetic personality that it would create a split between “Kirk’s team” and “Teddy’s team”. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Bridgewater’s presence would split the locker room. He’s so well liked, and has such a magnetic personality that it would create a split between “Kirk’s team” and “Teddy’s team”. 

That makes sense.

Saying you should move on from Teddy (at an extremely discounted price) because of the fan base is nonsense

Edited by Dolmonite26

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I agree with this. We love him but I'm sure everyone wants 100% of the player and fan support going to Kirk.

And I will touch on the fan base as even with the fans, if Kirk has even a bad half of football, I could easily imagine "Teddy" chants from some fans because he's so popular here and he's such an inspiration story.

You really don't need that type of stuff going on.

Teddy has a chance to win a starting job or at minimum play behind an iffy QB1 so he has a good chance at starting some games for them while he'd be firmly entrenched as QB2 here.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

I like what I saw of Kirk Cousins and Diggs, and how he played with his OL.  Keenum was unsuccessful with a similar-level OL, but against much stronger pressure.  Still, I think that Cousins will be able to perform better than Keenum would have in the same situation.  I'm also VERY happy with how Simien and Sloter have looked.  I don't feel as if I'd give up on The Vikings' chances to do anything if Cousins gets injured.

19 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

plusses and minuses from the game last night, gents...?

Tocho plus, an interception.  Minuses, several plays on which he looked bad (reacting late, bad decision, out of position, misreading play?).  Hill looked good on some plays, and not good on others.  Carlson looked great.  Punt return team played poorly giving up the TD.

Broncos quarterback Case Keenum knows a thing or two about the Vikings starting defense. Unfortunately for Keenum, the Vikings starting defense knows a thing or two about Case Keenum.

Keenum handled a pair of drives in his new team’s preseason opener against Minnesota, and neither drive generated a single first down.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/11/case-keenum-leads-broncos-on-two-drives-that-go-nowhere/

On 8/11/2018 at 3:34 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Teddy looked pretty good in his first real action since the injury.  I think it was a mistake to get rid of him.  He would be one heck of a backup to Cousins.  If Cousins were to get injured, Teddy is a guy who could undoubtedly get us some wins. 

While that would have been nice, I don't think that would have been in Teddy's best interests.  He needs to have a fair shot at starting somewhere.  Now, it's probably not going to be with the Jets, but he'll get more field time there then he'd ever get here.  I'd like to see him come back sometime in the future, but once Kirk was signed, it was in the Teddy's best interest to move on.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Broncos quarterback Case Keenum knows a thing or two about the Vikings starting defense. Unfortunately for Keenum, the Vikings starting defense knows a thing or two about Case Keenum.

Keenum handled a pair of drives in his new team’s preseason opener against Minnesota, and neither drive generated a single first down.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/11/case-keenum-leads-broncos-on-two-drives-that-go-nowhere/

Case looked like Case. He'll end up being alright, but he's never going to be a consistent starter.  

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They can hope for him, but he'd have gotten torched by the Vikings' 1st string.  But, hey at least he tries, unlike Paxton Lynch.  

Yup....they're just one of the multiple teams still trying to replace their franchise QB from the 90s....hey, at least the Bills finally got one!