Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

Is there a Bridgewater "curse" for Vikings fans??  Here we are, months after he was shown the door in Minnesota, wondering about if he's a true franchise quarterback or not!  This amuses me!!

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Is there a Bridgewater "curse" for Vikings fans??  Here we are, months after he was shown the door in Minnesota, wondering about if he's a true franchise quarterback or not!  This amuses me!!

We already have the Ex-Twins curse, so why not a Bridgewater curse?  

Sam Bradford expected to play more this week after getting only eight snaps and one attempt in the preseason opener, and he did. The Cardinals quarterback played three series, the last ending in a 9-yard touchdown run by David Johnsoneight seconds into the second quarter.

Although the Cardinals’ first two drives had false starts and ended in punts, Bradford ended his night 6-for-6 for 61 yards and a 109 passer rating. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/17/sam-bradford-perfect-in-his-three-series-as-he-leads-cardinals-to-one-td/

On 8/17/2018 at 5:10 PM, SemperFeist said:

That’s not a curse. 

I just consider it a curse that far too often the ex-Twins do better than they ever did as a Twin.  There's enough evidence to make it a curse.  Joe Mauer would probably be a HOFer if he had played elsewhere.

29 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I just consider it a curse that far too often the ex-Twins do better than they ever did as a Twin.  There's enough evidence to make it a curse.  Joe Mauer would probably be a HOFer if he had played elsewhere.

He should be a HOFer anyways.

But we're getting off topic for this thread...

it really sucks for teddy because pretty much every team in the league has a QB that is "locked up" for the next two seasons or has a young QB that they want to develop. unless he gets playing time this season and kills it he'll likely have to sign another backup QB deal next year.

teams like:

- dallas (dak was shaky last season, no reliable backup QB)

- denver (keenum career backup, no reliable backup QB)

- buffalo (give josh allen a RS year, mccarron be backup QB)

- bengals (dalton underwhelming and very little dead money left on contract, no real contingency plan)

could trade for teddy but really any clear-cut starting role for this season is going to rely on injury.