Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

Just when the Cardinals thought things couldn’t get worse, they got worse. A week after gaining 213 yards of offense in a 24-6 loss to Washington, the Cardinals gained 137 yards in a 34-0 loss to the Rams. Sam Bradford struggled in both games, completing 17 of 27 passes for 90 yards and an interception Sunday against Los Angeles a week after going 20-of-34 for 153 yards and an interception.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/17/is-it-josh-rosen-time-already-in-arizona/

13 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

woah.

Sam Bradford 17/27 90 3.3 0 1 1-7 53.0

I have probably had a lower opinion of Sam  Bradford than anyone else on this board but even I am surprised with the terrible numbers Bradford has put up this year. I thought Bradford was below average as an NFL starting QB and worse than Case Keenum but I never thought he was downright putrid. Perhaps my purple colored shades were clouding my vision and he is even worse than I thought.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

I have probably had a lower opinion of Sam  Bradford than anyone else on this board but even I am surprised with the terrible numbers Bradford has put up this year. I thought Bradford was below average as an NFL starting QB and worse than Case Keenum but I never thought he was downright putrid. Perhaps my purple colored shades were clouding my vision and he is even worse than I thought.

It’s hard to imagine, but the Cardinals may have a worse offensive line than the Vikings did in 2016. 

Plus, Mike McCoy is not a very imaginative offensive coordinator. Certainly not in the way that Pat Shurmur was for Bradford. 

bradford isn't in a good situation. his offensive line is shaky and he's the type of QB who needs good protection. he also has very limited weapons to throw to, which makes it easier for teams to dial in on david johnson out of the backfield. 

i can see why the team has been hesitant to put in josh rosen since it would essentially be throwing him into the fire without any help.

i know QB salaries dictate the type of roster you can build around them but independent of that, we got the best QB which ultimately gives us the best chance to win a super bowl. very happy with kirk so far. through two weeks (pending seattle @ chicago tonight), cousins ranks 6th in QB rating (108.7), 5th in passing yards (669, 334.5/game), tied for 3rd with 6 touchdowns, 9th in YPA (8.0) and should be one of six QBs without an interception (his was treadwell's drop). EDIT: ESPN's QBR has cousins ranked 9th while keenum and bradford are 22nd and 28th, respectively.  

as long as we can continue to protect cousins i really like the potential of our offense.

Edited by whitehops

7 hours ago, RpMc said:

Simply put, we made the the right decision.  Keenum is nothing special and not worth the money he was given; he's limited. Bradford can't be trusted to stay healthy despite; Cousins has arm talent and durability.

and even though the team responded to both Teddy and Bradford for their leadership, they embraced Cousins early on too.

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Haven’t watched the Broncos at all, so honest question, how many did the ball travel more than 10 yards? 

Well, given that the ball travels further in the thin atmosphere of Mile High Stadium...I bet some of them even traveled 11 yards!!

Keenum had seven interceptions during the 2017 regular season. This year, he already has four interceptions through two games. And his passer rating has dropped from 98.3 in 2017 to 73.6 in 2018.

Still, the Broncos are winning. Which they didn’t do nearly enough last year. This weekend, it won’t be easy when Keenum returns to Baltimore, for the first time since a controversial game in which he suffered a concussion but wasn’t removed from play.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/20/vance-joseph-case-keenum-needs-to-take-care-of-the-football-better/