Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

8 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Sad to say I think keeping Bridgewater or Keemun while grooming another QB would’ve been a better option than Cousins. I liked the Cousins signing at the time, but I think either of those guys would be better at this point. 

I agree and I too was a fan of Cousins signing here. It’s just a bad move in hindsight, like Bradford. 

45 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Sad to say I think keeping Bridgewater or Keemun while grooming another QB would’ve been a better option than Cousins. I liked the Cousins signing at the time, but I think either of those guys would be better at this point. 

Which late first round QB would that be the last two years? 

12 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

He is. That's one. Would you have drafted him? I can't recall what I thought.... But then, I've cut way back to almost zero on watching college ball....

I was all for drafting him. I had a post comparing him to Trubisky athletically and statistically, and asking why Trubisky could go number 2 overall but Jackson had to become a WR. He’s playing at a really high level right now, albeit against vastly inferior competition.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I was all for drafting him. I had a post comparing him to Trubisky athletically and statistically, and asking why Trubisky could go number 2 overall but Jackson had to become a WR. He’s playing at a really high level right now, albeit against vastly inferior competition.

I mean 2018 he looked like another RGIII. I won't lie....I thought he was going to be the run first QB who can't do a thing when the league figures him out.

This year.....he's looking legit as hell.

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Which late first round QB would that be the last two years? 

Not sure. Wouldn’t mind just rolling with Keemun or Bridgewater until we figure it out. The way our run game is constructed we just need someone who isn’t broken. Kirk appears broken. Hopefully that is hyperbole. He looks like a quarterback that played behind a bad offensive line and lost confidence. That’s not me making excuses for him, he just looks like a shook QB now. 

Start Keenum/Bridgewater maybe try harder with Sloter? Hard for me to see any of these guys playing as bad as Cousins did today. 

Edited by HitStickAllDay
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Not sure. Wouldn’t mind just rolling with Keemun or Bridgewater until we figure it out. The way our run game is constructed we just need someone who isn’t broken. Kirk appears broken. Hopefully that is hyperbole. He looks like a quarterback that played behind a bad offensive line and lost confidence. That’s not me making excuses for him, he just looks like a shook QB now. 

Start Keenum/Bridgewater maybe try harder with Sloter? Hard for me to see any of these guys playing as bad as Cousins did today. 

Yeah if we're going to have an offensive line with a many questions as ours, then getting someone who moves well and can make plays outside the pocket is a must.

That's why Keenum had so much success even though Cousins is more talented as a pure thrower Keenum could move outside and extend plays and make plays with his legs that Cousins just can't. Pressure rattles and disrupts QBs, but today even when he had time he got happy feet and looked flustered in the pocket. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Sir Fobos said:

Looks like Keenum threw 3 picks and fumbled 3 times (2 lost) against the Bears in prime time. He out-Cousins'd Cousins.

Like someone mentioned last night on Twitter, that was always Zimmer's fear when he had Keenum as the starter in 2017.  He had little faith in him going too long without making a terrible INT, since he often liked to play backyard football.