Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

• 2 weeks later...

Washington starting quarterback Case Keenum was knocked out of Thursday night’s game with a concussion and replaced by rookie Dwayne Haskins. But Haskins didn’t do enough to earn the starting job.

Callahan said after the game that if Keenum is cleared from his concussion before Washington’s next game, November 3 at Buffalo, then Keenum will start.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/25/bill-callahan-case-keenum-will-remain-the-starter-if-healthy/

Haskins was awful.

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  There's a reason why Gruden had never really wanted him in the first place...he needs way more development time.  

They hardly gave him a chance with just five passes. Then again, he’s thrown 4 Ints in his two appearances.

Edited by vikingsrule

5 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Keenum was ok yesterday other than that fumble. He isn't a bad QB, he is somewhere below avg- average range. It's just that when your team isn't winning much, eventually QB ends up being scapegoat...Keenum sadly might be that guy at Redskins this year

I don’t think it’s about being a scapegoat. Keenum just isn’t that good. He’s not going to make very many mistakes, but he’s not really going to make plays either. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think it’s about being a scapegoat. Keenum just isn’t that good. He’s not going to make very many mistakes, but he’s not really going to make plays either. 

I think he’s good enough to consistently find a starting job. He’s just always going to be in that spot of having a first round pick pushing him for playing time. 

32 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I think he’s good enough to consistently find a starting job. He’s just always going to be in that spot of having a first round pick pushing him for playing time. 

And I think he needs that. I think he’s at his best when he’s being pushed or when he has something to prove. He’s not a guy that I would want to give a long term deal to.

32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t even think Keenum is good enough to find a consistent starting job. He’s probably the worst starting QB in NFC, and he’d be in the bottom 3-4 QBs in the AFC. 

But he’s still top 32 at the end of the day. That’s good enough for someone as they groom a first round pick.

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Fitzpatrick must be about ready to retire. Someone has to take the role. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

anyone think Teddy could be with the Vikings next year, backing up Cousins?

don't think so...Vikings don't have cap space to pay him and Teddy might also be looking for a starting gig, not backup. Wouldn't be surprised if Colts go for him

• Like 1