Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

2 hours ago, Klomp said:

OK, here's a question....is Teddy's comp pick value only tied to what he does for the Jets, or would it still count in our favor if he were traded?

I believe trading a player has no impact on comp formula. If he is on a roster in the regular season for 10 weeks, he will net us a comp pick.

Adrian Peterson was traded last year from New Orleans to Arizona and we still got our projected 6th rounder for him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Klomp said:

OK, here's a question....is Teddy's comp pick value only tied to what he does for the Jets, or would it still count in our favor if he were traded?

I believe it still counts in our favor, because the contract is still the same. 

The contract a lost player signs is still the driving force behind comp picks. 

Sam Bradford has been limited over the last couple of months as the team tries to do whatever it can to make sure that his oft-injured knee doesn’t get overworked at this point in the calendar. On Tuesday, head coach Steve Wilks said that the process has gone well.

Wilks: “I think he’s on schedule. He feels real confident right now with how his knee feels. Again, we are doing a great job in-house with the trainers and strength and conditioning coach and getting him where he needs to be. I think from a mental standpoint, he’s feeling pretty good.”

Wilks also said that they plan to “ramp up” Bradford’s work in the final week of the offseason program and identified “different looks from a blitz standpoint” and two-minute offense as areas that they hope to focus on with the veteran quarterback.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/05/sam-bradford-on-schedule-set-to-do-more-at-minicamp/

Kyle Sloter:   “I talk to [Teddy] at least a couple of times a week, him and I are really close. He loves the Jets. He speaks really well of them and it sounds like he’s getting a pretty good opportunity there. That’s all he really wanted was a chance, and I think he’s going to get it with them, so I’m happy for him. It definitely was tough for him [to leave the Vikings], he loved it here. That’s kind of where his heart was. But at the end of the day, you got to go do you.’’

https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/06/vikings-kyle-sloter-keeps-in-close-contact-with-three-departed-free-agent-qbs/

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kyle Sloter:   “I talk to [Teddy] at least a couple of times a week, him and I are really close. He loves the Jets. He speaks really well of them and it sounds like he’s getting a pretty good opportunity there. That’s all he really wanted was a chance, and I think he’s going to get it with them, so I’m happy for him. It definitely was tough for him [to leave the Vikings], he loved it here. That’s kind of where his heart was. But at the end of the day, you got to go do you.’’

https://www.twincities.com/2018/06/06/vikings-kyle-sloter-keeps-in-close-contact-with-three-departed-free-agent-qbs/

Too bad for Teddy that the Jets opportunity likely lasts for one year. If he performs well, he could be setup nicely to receive a long term starting contract. Otherwise, I wonder if he bounces around similar to how Bradford has. Decent starter with enough promise to keep teams interested.

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Too bad for Teddy that the Jets opportunity likely lasts for one year. If he performs well, he could be setup nicely to receive a long term starting contract. Otherwise, I wonder if he bounces around similar to how Bradford has. Decent starter with enough promise to keep teams interested.

Could the Jets tag and trade him if he starts and plays well for them?

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Could the Jets tag and trade him if he starts and plays well for them?

If there is not a clause in his contract preventing the use of the tag it is possible. I don't remember seeing anything about such a term.

• Like 1

Via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic, Sam Bradford’s workload has gradually increased over the offseason, leading into this week’s three-day minicamp.

Bradford: “It was obviously good to be out there today to get some of that work. To this point, I’ve really just kind of been building into it. But I feel really good right now and obviously to be able to be out there and move around with the guys, it was a lot of fun today.  We devised a plan, we stuck to that plan and the plan was to get stronger and to feel good coming out of this part of the offseason so that during the five weeks leading up to training camp, I can really build on what we had done here and come into training camp ready to go. I think the plan’s worked. My body feels really good right now.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/13/sam-bradford-i-feel-really-good-right-now/

The Cardinals used the 10th overall pick in this year’s NFL draft on quarterback Josh Rosen, and reports out of minicamp suggested that he is showing all the talent the team thought he had. But that doesn’t mean he’ll start as a rookie. Sam Bradford remains the Cardinals’ starter and the Cardinals’ website suggests that there’s really no competition at all in training camp: Bradford is the starter.

Nonetheless, Rosen was impressive by all accounts, picking up the offense quickly and showing good accuracy and arm strength on the practice field. The Cardinals obviously liked Rosen enough to use a Top 10 pick on him, and they saw everything they hoped to see.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/15/rosens-strong-minicamp-doesnt-change-bradfords-status-as-cardinals-starter/

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Rosen said during minicamp that Sam Bradford has been “helping me out a ton” and that he’ll return the favor any way he can during his rookie season.

Rosen:  “I think it speaks to him as a person and how he’s willing to embrace the competition and the team aspect. And I’m the same way. Regardless of starter-backup, I want the Arizona Cardinals to do the best possible because I want to be in a Super Bowl. If at least for this year the best way to do that is have Sam starting, then so be it, and I’m going to push him every single day.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/24/josh-rosen-sam-bradford-helping-me-out-a-ton/