Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

22 hours ago, swede700 said:

While that would have been nice, I don't think that would have been in Teddy's best interests.  He needs to have a fair shot at starting somewhere.  Now, it's probably not going to be with the Jets, but he'll get more field time there then he'd ever get here.  I'd like to see him come back sometime in the future, but once Kirk was signed, it was in the Teddy's best interest to move on.  

That's true, swede700.  Once they made the commitment to Cousins, maybe Teddy even asked to be let go so he could get a chance to start somewhere.

I am wondering what are some realistic landing spots for Teddy after his summer vacation with the Jets?  Teams I think likely:

1. Giants - he is familiar with Shurmer.  Eli seems to be regressing, but they didn't draft potential his successor. Could it be Mannings' final season? They don't seem all the enamored with Davis Webb.

2. Jacksonville - Bortles will always be on the "bubble" as a starter for the Jags...unless his playoff run was indicative of his new found abilities.  Color me skeptical.

3. Kansas City - I think Teddy was born to run the WCO.  Nobody runs a purer WCO than Andy Reid.  Mahomes does not strike me as a WCO guy...he'd probably thrive in an Air Coryell system.

4. Carolina-Teddy has played in the Norv Turner system.  Rumor is that Newton's lack of accuracy is more than just a complaint by Kelvin Benjamin.  I don't see Cam being benched...but Ron Rivera likes to shake things up.  Will he do it at the QB position?

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am wondering what are some realistic landing spots for Teddy after his summer vacation with the Jets?  Teams I think likely:

1. Giants - he is familiar with Shurmer.  Eli seems to be regressing, but they didn't draft potential his successor. Could it be Mannings' final season? They don't seem all the enamored with Davis Webb.

2. Jacksonville - Bortles will always be on the "bubble" as a starter for the Jags...unless his playoff run was indicative of his new found abilities.  Color me skeptical.

3. Kansas City - I think Teddy was born to run the WCO.  Nobody runs a purer WCO than Andy Reid.  Mahomes does not strike me as a WCO guy...he'd probably thrive in an Air Coryell system.

4. Carolina-Teddy has played in the Norv Turner system.  Rumor is that Newton's lack of accuracy is more than just a complaint by Kelvin Benjamin.  I don't see Cam being benched...but Ron Rivera likes to shake things up.  Will he do it at the QB position?

I don't see Jacksonville or Kansas City as options. Like him or not, you don't give $54 million to a "bubble" QB. And KC gave up a lot of assets for Mahomes, so I doubt they'll give up on him quickly.

The Giants have to be one of the most likely options out there. Carolina is a decent fit as well. Other options I kinda like for him are Cincinnati, Miami, New England, and New Orleans.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Actually, that where I expect him to end up. This year or next, but for selfish reasons, I don’t want to see him go their. 

I think I'd feel the most conflicted if he became a Saint.  I'd be great for him, but....man I hate them

18 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Giants, I would love, but they think quite a bit of their rookie QB from the sound of it. 

18 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If the jets are willing to trade him within the division, I think Miami is a very good possibility. 

Game loves Tannehill so I have a hard time seeing it