vike daddy

Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater in 2018

The Broncos’ season has rapidly gone south, and with it the futures of coach Vance Joseph and quarterback Case Keenum. Joseph appears certain to be fired, and Keenum likely won’t be back as the starting quarterback next season. Keenum is, unsurprisingly, unhappy about that. Keenum said after Monday night’s loss to the Raiders that everyone on the Broncos wants to win to save Joseph’s job, but it’s just not working out.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/25/case-keenum-no-one-likes-losing-we-want-to-win-for-vance-joseph/

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Denver should keep Keenum to compete with a rookie QB next season.

That would be the smart thing to do, unless Denver is in a tough financial position. 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That would be an interesting locker room dynamic. 

Eh, Case and Kirk both seem like professionals, I doubt it would be any sort of issue. 

Fangio:  “Right now Case Keenum is our quarterback.  I’ve had the good fortune — or misfortune, since I’m standing here good fortune — of seeing him at his best in his career when he played for Minnesota last year, being in our division at the time. So I know what he’s capable of and we’re going to try to get that out of him.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/10/case-keenum-is-the-broncos-quarterback-right-now-fangio-says/

right now...?

i imagine everyone caught that qualifier.

I don’t think it’s a secret that Denver is going to be seriously looking at the quarterbacks this year. 

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think it’s a secret that Denver is going to be seriously looking at the quarterbacks this year. 

Absolutely they will be.... Will Case probably start? Yes... but they will be searching for something.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:41 PM, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Just trade a 3rd for Mahomes and hope he pans out.

Problem solved.

What about a 6th for Brady? That way New England gets back what they put in for him!

I'd take Keenum back if he wanted to play at a reasonable rate. Would make things interesting that's for sure.