Sign in to follow this  
vike daddy

Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater in 2018

I like all of those deals for those QBs. I hope Teddy see's every penny of that! :D

Asked today by New York reporters whether he’ll be able to participate in spring workouts, Bridgewater declined to answer:

“That’s something I’m not comfortable talking about right now. I’m pretty sure that’ll be a discussion that I have with the training staff. We’ll come up with a plan moving forward. I’m very confident, I’m confident in myself. I’m confident in the athletic training staff and the coaching staff here that they can eventually get me back to the player that I once was… But we’re only in March. The only way to get better is put the work in now. . . . I just can’t wait. I’m excited.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/21/teddy-bridgewater-wont-say-if-his-knee-is-fully-healed/

Man, if he isn't ready to go at this point, will he ever be? He was cleared to practice over 5 months ago. 

4 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Man, if he isn't ready to go at this point, will he ever be? He was cleared to practice over 5 months ago. 

Right. This helps me understand why the Vikings had to move in another direction. It is really too bad too. Teddy had a lot of potential and I hoped that he would develop into a franchise QB.

Posted (edited)

It's pretty laughable that he was even a serious (let alone begin the top choice) candidate here.

I wanted nothing to do with him as starter or backup. When you've been around boardrooms you realize that the writing is on the wall, and moving forward with the next alternative is the best approach.

Edited by CriminalMind

I think people need to re-read Bridgewater’s comments. At no point does he say that he isn’t ready. He simply says that he’s not commenting on anything before he gets on the same page as the Jets’ training staff. 

Remember, this is a guy who passed a physical and was cleared to be taken off of the PUP list, was practicing with the team for the last 11-12 weeks of the season, got into a game, was playing in a charity two hand touch football game a couple of weeks ago, and just passed a physical with the Jets before he signed. 

None of that sounds like a guy who won’t be ready for the offseason workouts. 

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

It's pretty laughable that he was even a serious (let alone begin the top choice) candidate here.

I wanted nothing to do with him as starter or backup. When you've been around boardrooms you realize that the writing is on the wall, and moving forward with the next alternative is the best approach.

Good job to you. Well done.

I hope they all fail. In fact I hope every player not wearing a Vikings uniform fails this year!

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Jeez...calm down

Why don't we wait just a little while longer before you start dancing on the guy's grave in celebration of how right you think you are.

First thing I’ve seen discussing how the team wasn’t comfortable with Teddy’s knee. 

49 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

First thing I’ve seen discussing how the team wasn’t comfortable with Teddy’s knee. 

Numero uno why Teddy wasn’t brought back. 

I can't fault them for that decision based on that information. Best of luck Teddy. 

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Numero uno why Teddy wasn’t brought back. 

I find this statement by Zimmer to be odd and out of character for him. It sounds like he's rationalizing a decision he's not fully comfortable with.  Just me reading between the lines.