Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Browns 30, Redskins 10

Case Keenum? The veteran looked pretty much what you'd think Keenum would look like behind an offensive line that got bulldozed on nearly every drop back. Under heavy pressure, the QB had some wayward throws and mostly tossed short, going 4-of-9 (44.4 percent) for 60 yards and a TD. He did have a couple of typical Keenum bombs, including getting a big defensive pass interference. His 46-yard TD came on a busted coverage by the Browns. Keenum didn't wow in his three series. He didn't bomb. But unless he looks better the rest of the preseason, if he gets the starting job, it's likely because Haskins isn't ready, or Colt McCoy proves worse.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040322/article/what-we-learned-from-thursdays-preseason-games

This is why you don't just watch the highlights.

I watched the highlights last night and saw the two bombs and was like, "wow, he's looking good tonight"

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I strolled over to our WASH forum and fan reactions are pretty low. they expect maybe 3-5 wins this season, and want Gruden replaced.

I amazed that he's lasted this long, considering how often Snyder likes to get involved and pull the trigger.  The records he has put up rather consistently for 4 years now got Schottenheimer fired after 1 year. 

They are another one of those organizations I hope Vikings' assistant coaches stay far, far away from, if they are considered for HC jobs after the year, because Gruden will be fired, no doubt about it imo.  

Edited by swede700

Teddy played pretty well tonight.

He threw the ball well, accurately and with decent velocity. His biggest completion was a 50-50 deep ball down the sideline that the CB (Thomas?) might have done better on. The TD was a nice throw to a hole in the zone.

Decision making was pretty good. He had a couple of checkdowns for nice gains (because they were wide open) but also had a drive die after a penalty when he threw a couple of short passes that had no chance. One throw over the middle nearly got picked. 

He seemed to be moving well but didn’t scramble or even roll out as far as I remember. Took 2 sacks and could’ve taken 2 more that were wiped out by penalty. Took a couple hits, and bounced right back up.

Good to see him back in action, looking mostly like his old self. 

• Like 5

On 8/10/2019 at 1:23 AM, Krauser said:

Teddy played pretty well tonight.

He threw the ball well, accurately and with decent velocity. His biggest completion was a 50-50 deep ball down the sideline that the CB (Thomas?) might have done better on. The TD was a nice throw to a hole in the zone.

Decision making was pretty good. He had a couple of checkdowns for nice gains (because they were wide open) but also had a drive die after a penalty when he threw a couple of short passes that had no chance. One throw over the middle nearly got picked. 

He seemed to be moving well but didn’t scramble or even roll out as far as I remember. Took 2 sacks and could’ve taken 2 more that were wiped out by penalty. Took a couple hits, and bounced right back up.

Good to see him back in action, looking mostly like his old self. 

Yep.  I'll always wish Teddy well - even if he is playing for Sean Payton.  Great kid.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Redskins offense looked promising in the first half with Case Keenum under center. Tight end Vernon Davis showed he still has it with a beastly 48-yard catch-and-run TD to give the Redskins their first opening drive TD in Week 1 since 2004. Keenum started 4 for 4 for 71 yards and finished the half outshining big-money Wentz with 257 yards and 16 completions on 22 attempts; he finished 30-of-44 with 380 yards and three TDs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001052213/article/what-we-learned-from-sundays-week-1-games