Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

31 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

anyone think Teddy could be with the Vikings next year, backing up Cousins?

Given the way he ran on the field to celebrate the fumble return for a TD that was called back (while the play was live, which should’ve been a penalty), it looks like he’s moved on for good.

• Like 1

Teddy knows this is his chance to cash in as a starter. No way he takes a backup role.

Rivers is likely leaving LAC, Brees might call it quits, Carolina, Miami and Cincinnati have huge holes at QB..no way! I want to see Bridgewater succeed as a starter elsewhere.

Bring back Keenum, if anybody.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Teddy knows this is his chance to cash in as a starter. No way he takes a backup role.

Rivers is likely leaving LAC, Brees might call it quits, Carolina, Miami and Cincinnati have huge holes at QB..no way! I want to see Bridgewater succeed as a starter elsewhere.

Bring back Keenum, if anybody.

I think the jobs I would prefer if I'm Bridgewater would be Tampa Bay or Indianapolis. Both are teams that could use an improvement at QB and both primed to compete for the playoffs with just slight upgrades at QB. I lean toward Tampa Bay actually happening, since he's from the Miami, FL area, but I would be happy for him with either.

Or stay in New Orleans in Drew Brees retires.

• Like 1

Considering how Taysom Hill played yesterday, I'm not even sure Bridgewater would beat him in a one-on-one competition in training camp even if Brees retires.  Bridgewater's best option might be to go elsewhere.  But, there's no chance it would be here.  

Edited by swede700

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why wasn't Bridgewater penalized for this? You cannot run onto the field from the sidelines!

Every time there is a turnover I wonder the same thing. Players from the sidelines are constantly running to the endzone to celebrate. Its ridiculous IMO.

This one was ESPECIALLY bad since he was on the field before his teammate even crossed the goal line.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Based on the contract given by the Panthers to quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, he’s likely not at serious risk of being kicked to the sideline in 2020. Per a source with knowledge of the deal, Bridgewater receives a $15 million signing bonus, an $8 million fully-guaranteed salary in 2020, up to $750,000 in per-game roster bonuses, and a $250,000 workout bonus. That’s $24 million in cash flow for the first year of the deal. That isn’t the kind of contract that a team would give to a player who is destined to take a seat behind a rookie.

The deal also includes a $17 million base salary for 2021, $10 million of which is fully guaranteed at signing, with the same per-game roster and workout bonuses. In 2022, the base salary is $20 million, non-guaranteed. The deal also includes the same per-game roster and workout bonuses.

So that’s $63 million over three years, and $42 million over the first two — with $33 million guaranteed. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/20/teddy-bridgewaters-contract-implies-hell-be-the-2020-and-maybe-2021-starter/

• 1 month later...

I was just watching our game vs the Raiders in 2015 and focusing on Bridgewater and co. (Back when Bridgewater vs Carr was all the rage).

I love how he sees the field and never panics under pressure. He always looks to make a play even when things break down.

He definitely checks down too early at times. He had a few running lanes and open receivers further down the field (even though our receivers stunk back then). He's not captain checkdown like Bradford was, but he is conservative. All of his passes have a pretty spiral at least.

He also holds the ball too long. I think he's grown out of that now but its clear he didn't help our porous OL at times. That's my biggest knock on him.

Still...had he never got hurt, I think he'd be our starting QB and we might have actually won the Superbowl with him in 2017. I miss him dearly.

Other notes:

Terrance Newman is such a treasure. I seriously hope Gladney plays just like him. Prototypical Zimmer CB.

Adrian Peeeeeeetersooooonnn. I'm sweating just watching him.

Brandon Watts is awful. Kendricks was out and it showed.

I wonder which old game I'll watch next!