Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

On June 16, 2018 at 10:05 AM, SemperFeist said:

The Cardinals did it right. They signed a solid, veteran starting quarterback so that they weren’t forced to make a move in the draft and reach. Then they let the board work it’s way through, and made their move to get their guy. 

When healthy, but Bradford hasn't proven he can stay healthy. I think the Cardinals almost had to assume that the backup is likely to play.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Bradford had a bad deal with his knee last year, and when he got healthy Keenum was playing too well to put back on the bench. But Bradford didn’t miss any games in 2016 due to injury. 

I was amazed Bradford wasn't carted off the field a lot more in 2016, given the poor pass-blocking and long-developing routes his receivers ran.  Most of us wouldn't have made it through a game after taking so many hits.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Jets drafted Sam Darnold to be their quarterback of the future, but they were surely hoping to have him on the practice field in the present. That’s not the case, however. Darnold, the third overall pick in this year’s draft, has not yet signed his contract and that means the first practice of Jets training camp got underway without him on Friday afternoon.

While that gets worked out, Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater will be taking the snaps at quarterback for the Jets. A short absence from camp might not hurt Darnold’s chances of beating them out for the starting job all that much, but any time missed is a chance for the others to help their case in the eyes of the Jets coaching staff.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/27/jets-hold-first-training-camp-practice-without-sam-darnold/

Josh Rosen:  “I don’t really think people understand how good Sam Bradford is. I’m unbelievably fortunate to watch him and how he plays. I’m just really lucky to have that as my frame of reference to start the NFL, because I really believe he’s one of the better quarterbacks in this league. He’s very quick and deliberate, and he just knows football really well. I’m very lucky that’s my intro into the NFL. I’m not exactly modeling my game after him, but more so taking what he does really well and trying to put it into what I do because Sam is really, really good.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/30/josh-rosen-im-unbelievably-fortunate-to-watch-sam-bradford/

Teddy Bridgewater seems to be enjoying the chance to get more work while waiting for Darnold’s situation to resolve itself.

Bridgewater: “You never complain about the reps, we’re actually taking advantage of it because it’s a chance for more work for you, extra work for you, going against a defense like the one that we have, it’s a lot of complex looks and things like that. So the more the better, that’s the way we see it. You gain knowledge with each play. We continue to remain students of the game and continue to take coaching and continue to control what we can control.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/30/teddy-bridgewater-you-never-complain-about-extra-reps/

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think anyone has ever questioned Bradford’s abilities. He was the #1 overall pick. But the guy simply can’t stay healthy, and has yet to string to good seasons together. 

He's being listed as one of the bottom 5 QBs in the comparisons forum I think.