Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

6 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I doubt he even finds a job.

Teams don't want a back-up that has bone on bone in his knee and can never stay healthy.

That could be the perfect situation for him, though. Limit his reps in practice and limit the overall pounding on that knee. If you only need him for a couple games he can go out and make some plays and then head back to the bench.

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Teddy to Miami or Washington makes a lot of sense I think.

Is Bradford destined for a backup role?

I think you can throw Jacksonville and Denver in the mix too. I wouldn't say that Foles to Jax is a sure thing. 

However, I don't anticipate anyone handing Teddy a starting job. Whoever drafts him is likely taking a QB early, just like the Jets.

Bradford is destined for retirement. He's done. 

Edited by vikingsrule

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Possibly. But I don’t believe Murray is going to be a 1st rounder, and therefore may not play football. 

I just threw his name out there, but it could just as easily be Drew Lock if Elway passes on him.  I personally wouldn't go anywhere near Murray in the first round.  

General Manager John Elway recently called Keenum “probably a short-term fix” at quarterback for the Broncos. That comes as no surprise to anyone, including Keenum. The Broncos could use a high draft choice on a quarterback, but Keenum isn’t worried about what they do at his position this offseason. They have the 10th overall choice.

Keenum:  “I try not to read. It’s hard not to. I follow a little bit of it. I take it for what it’s worth. It’s not something that’s affecting me in my preparation, and if I’m ready to go as a football player and what my job is. It’s not affecting my job. For me, I take more of what coaches say and the meetings that we’ve had. I had a great meeting with John at the end of the year. When’s the draft? Sorry, I haven’t looked at any draft boards yet.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/06/case-keenum-whens-the-draft/

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN. Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it.

huh? why? and what does this do for Keenum?

23 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

Breaking: Baltimore has agreement in principle to trade former Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to the Broncos, league sources told ESPN. Trade cannot be processed until new NFL league year begins Wednesday, March 13. Teams prohibited from commenting on deal or terms surrounding it.

huh? why? and what does this do for Keenum?

We'll give the Broncos a 7th rd pick in 2020 for Keenum to back up Cousins.  :D

Really though, they'll probably just cut Keenum and eat the $10M dead cap money.