Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No one cares enough about Heinicke to bother.  I don't think we'll be adding Browning to this list either anytime soon.  

It is interesting to think that had Heinicke not put his foot through a window, he’d have likely been the QB in 2016 after Teddy went down, and they never would have traded for Bradford. 

Alternatively, I was always surprised that Shurmur got a HC job after just one year as the Vikings’ OC. I wonder how things would have gone had he remained the OC, possibly still being the OC? Also, while I understand their attempt at continuity, the Vikings should have brought Shurmur back last year instead of hiring Kubiak. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'd ask for the thread title to be changed but the person who created it refuses to respond to me anymore.

say what? i just don't want to play the game you're hosting.

no, i'm not changing the thread title or discussion to include former Viking QB backups.

6 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It is interesting to think that had Heinicke not put his foot through a window, he’d have likely been the QB in 2016 after Teddy went down, and they never would have traded for Bradford. 

Alternatively, I was always surprised that Shurmur got a HC job after just one year as the Vikings’ OC. I wonder how things would have gone had he remained the OC, possibly still being the OC? Also, while I understand their attempt at continuity, the Vikings should have brought Shurmur back last year instead of hiring Kubiak. 

Shurmur seemed to have a really positive rapport with the squad. Thought the offense was generally solid with him calling plays. Good point. 

15 hours ago, vike daddy said:

say what? i just don't want to play the game you're hosting.

no, i'm not changing the thread title or discussion to include former Viking QB backups.

Ok. You haven't been active much, but that's fine. I just figured you'd have some fun with it.

but..as we Vikings fans have a tendency to say: maybe next year!

13 hours ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Shurmur seemed to have a really positive rapport with the squad. Thought the offense was generally solid with him calling plays. Good point. 

Shurmur's experience meshed with being more modern (especially as compared to Norv) is what helped him.  And he was hired as the Broncos' OC the day after Stefanski got the Browns' job so there's no way that they could have hired Shurmur back as OC when Gary was already on staff.  

• Like 1

Teddy would be perfect for the style of offense we run. I’ve watched both his games and he’s increasingly willing to go for the deep ball. He’s not limited as a passer. He’s got pocket presence and accuracy. It’s a shame the trajectory that led to his departure. Love me some Teddy and hope he gets a long term gig somewhere. Obviously, we probably can’t bring him in even if he were available. Cousins is here for next year if I’m not mistaken (not that it’s terrible given his current play). Then, it’s the Mond experiment as I can’t see this team extending Cousins again given his contract requirements - it’s just too handicapping. 

• Like 1