Mid-FA Period Mock Draft (Jets Trade)

DoleINGout

Two offensive guards for the Vikings? I don't think that is great. And then WR on top of that, also not a high priority need. I wouldn't complain about an offensive guard, but I don't see the Vikings drafting two when there are needs at TE and DT that are equally as pressing.

2 QBs in the 1st round? I don't care of Lamar Jackson will eventually be a receiver...no way anyone takes him that high to be a project. I'm also not a fan of Mayfield, but that's just me.

And 2 CBs with the next 2 picks? You do realize we both traded for a CB and signed another one in free agency already, right?

I'm good with the trade-down if we aren't taking Barkley with the 1st pick...and signing Hyde doesn't mean we're not still taking Barkley. 

Cleveland's FA? We got a good starter quality bridge QB. A WR that CAN catch. Depth at the CB. Depth at OT. Depth at DE. We still have a few players we can sign. Pryor perhaps??? Lastly potentially a starting RB.

It sucks that Joe Thomas retired but I'm not going to hold anything against him. 

We didn't go out and build out team from FA. We signed a lot of veteran depth that this team has been lacking in the last 2 seasons. We filled a few holes basically. I think these moves alone give us 4 wins. 

Now we still have the draft. We have a clear picture on the position we will address at #1. We still have 5 picks in 1-2 rounds. If we can get 4 starters from these first 5 picks, we'll have fixed this team. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Nice effort but I would projectile vomit if the Packers draft turned out this way. Our defensive line is the strongest unit on the defense and we just signed Muhammed Wilkerson so Payne isn't a need in the first round. We need to go EDGE or corner in the first. There is no way we will take an OG in round 2. Green Bay has a great track record of success with guards in the mid rounds i.e. TJ Lang and Josh Sitton. If we take a guard it will be later in the draft. Round two I would look for whichever position that wasn't taken in the first and then possibly a WR depending on who is there.

57 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Baker at 6 pls. We are still targeting QBs.

It's difficult to picture the Jets drafting Josh Allen at 6 for some reason. Especially over Minkah Fitzpatrick or Saquon Barkley. I could maybe see Lamar Jackson at 6 but I don't think they will actually do that. I think Mason Rudolph is worthy of going at 6, but I doubt very many other people do. So BPA Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick or Saquon Barkley is what I expect if Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield are gone.

33 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

@Haha21 @Mastercheddaar @mlucas12002 @The Gnat @NudeTayne @SteelKing728

Three Browns, two Vikings, and one Packers fan, please help yourself to the update after I spent time reviewing the entire draft and removed the free agent clutter.

I'm going to be critical here. I don't like any of this. 

#1 Give me Sam Darnold instead of Mayfield. Why? Darnold is taller and does not have "MOXIE!" (I really really REALLY hate hearing that word to describe a QB. It normally means a jerk that is too short to play the role in the pros.) Also neither of them are going to start. So take the QB that has the most upside. That is Sam Darnold. 

#12 I'm ok with McGlinchey. Though you have a lot of other talented players still on the board (Vea, R Smith, D James, Davenport) and this is a weak LT class. 

#22 I'd trade up for Davenport at this point. We traded for an FS in FA. Shoot McGlinchey might last here. If he is then I'd take him. 

#33 O Brown is redundant. Only way I'd go LT here is if we missed on McGlinchey at #22. Take Guice instead. Also you still have Oliver, Davis, Hughes all CBs and a position of need available. 

#35 I like C Kirk better as a WR in this case. If we get Pryor we might not need a WR. I'd go Price here because I'm a tOSU homer. Or See CBs above. 

#64 If we don't take Guice at #33 I'd target an RB here. On your draft, I'd go Freeman or Penny. If we do go Guice at #33, Davis CB or Dj Moore WR would be hard to pass up. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

@Mastercheddaar The two OT's is because the Browns don't have a LT or RT. I think Miller at wide out runs better routes than Kirk and is more in line with what Hue Jackson worked with in Cincinnati. I will add a CB and RB in.

We signed two offensive tackles in FA. Hubbard from Pitt and a dude from Denver. Hubbard was a starting RT for Pitt last year. I can't see us drafting two LTs. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

10 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

We signed two offensive tackles in FA. Hubbard from Pitt and a dude from Denver. Hubbard was a starting RT for Pitt last year. I can't see us drafting two LTs. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

Alright, I forgot about Donaldson already, (the "dude from Denver"). Updated the mock draft. Isaiah Oliver at 33 and a trade up to get Davenport at 20, giving up pick 64.

Running back I see as a day three priority because Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde look like they'll carry the team.

40 minutes ago, Danish49ers said:

49ers  would prefer something like this:

9. T. Edmunds - OLB, SF
59. A. Corbett - LG, SF
70. E. Saint Brown - WR, SF
74. J. Sweat - DE, SF

I like De'Shawn hand a lot as a defensive end but he has some arhletic ability to stand and rush and drop into a small area of space. Might not be an outside linebacker, but definitely can rush the passer and hold up against the run. I figure the difference in polish between Ridley and Saint Brown is enough that it could impact the 9ers playoff chances this year. Sweat would be a good pick too. I added Levi Wallace because he is long like Richard Sherman and has a high ceiling. It would be good to have a backup if Sherman's Achilles injury hinders him at any point.

Archived