Mid-FA Period Mock Draft (Jets Trade)

DoleINGout

8 hours ago, mlucas12002 said:

Pick 20 = 850 points. Picks 22 and 64 = 1,050 points. No chance of this happening.

I'm personally not a Mayfield fan, and even with the Hyde signing I'd still take Barkley. Hyde's contract is basically a 1-year.

If we really don't take Barkley, I'd rather have Guice with our top 2nd round pick, plus Oliver will still likely be there 2 picks later.

I do like the McGlinchey pick though.

I don't see it with Derrius Guice top of the second to the Browns with Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson and no history of commitment to running the ball under Hue Jackson. Updated mock though.

10 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

Ragnow in 1 is a reach IMO, and he’d be at C. We have a solid LG. 

Updated. Ronnie Harrison can help cover the middle of the field and assures he isn't drafted by the Browns or Steelers. Ragnow would make a better LG than C.

19 hours ago, The OUTLAW said:

I really don't like your Browns picks but more than that the trade up from 22 to 20 is downright moronic. 

Updated. No trade. Was lazy about the trade and didn't check the value. I have a feeling you'd be more favorable to the picks if Darnold were first instead of Mayfield.

3 hours ago, paraven said:

no way ravens dont pick a wr in the first 2 round. Give them dj moore in the 2nd round. and daniels seems like a reach at 16. theyd be more likely to reach for a wr like sutton at 16.. So yea Sutton at 16, Moore at 52. Double dip at wr and pray one can at least catch

Updated. Agreed about WR pick.

2 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

Nice switch for the Pats to O'Neill. He's more athletic and would probably give Rudolph more success IMO (but I'd still prefer some other QBs...). Good work!

Not sure what's not to like about Mason Rudolph in the Patriots system. His deep ball accuracy is arguably the best in the class and one of the best in years. It's not like Tom Brady is very athletic ya know.

its a solid mock for the jags. i get the 3rd round choice but we did sign hayden for  a few years to play nickle so maybe we dont need a guy like that round 3.  in round 3 i would go with DT Hurst purely from a BPA standpoint.  i know he lacks traditional size but i have a feeling next year the jags might be cutting some costs on the Dline(we have 3 Guys making 10+ right now and we are looking at an Extension for Probowl DE Yannick Ngakoue and we still have to figure out if we want to the option year for Fowler or not.  Hurst would really help potentially letting jackson or Campbell go sooner then later.  

On 15/3/2018 at 9:09 PM, DoleINGout said:

I like De'Shawn hand a lot as a defensive end but he has some arhletic ability to stand and rush and drop into a small area of space. Might not be an outside linebacker, but definitely can rush the passer and hold up against the run. I figure the difference in polish between Ridley and Saint Brown is enough that it could impact the 9ers playoff chances this year. Sweat would be a good pick too. I added Levi Wallace because he is long like Richard Sherman and has a high ceiling. It would be good to have a backup if Sherman's Achilles injury hinders him at any point.

49ers do already have a defensive end that has the exact same features you point out about De'Shawn in Arik Armstead.
They seem to be content with the trio of starting WRs: Garcon, Goodwin and Taylor, but they need a big red zone target  - hence St. Brown.
They will for sure pick another CB at some stage in the draft, but the value of those I suggested just seemed better to me.

2 hours ago, Danish49ers said:

49ers do already have a defensive end that has the exact same features you point out about De'Shawn in Arik Armstead.
They seem to be content with the trio of starting WRs: Garcon, Goodwin and Taylor, but they need a big red zone target  - hence St. Brown.
They will for sure pick another CB at some stage in the draft, but the value of those I suggested just seemed better to me.

Please take a look at the picks now and let me know if you could see a guy like Levi Wallace being drafted in the fourth round.

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Not sure what's not to like about Mason Rudolph in the Patriots system. His deep ball accuracy is arguably the best in the class and one of the best in years. It's not like Tom Brady is very athletic ya know.

I wouldn’t make deep ball accuracy the first thing I look for in a system that’s mostly short to medium passes. Just my opinion, I have a higher grade on Luke Falk and a couple other guys. 

14 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

I wouldn’t make deep ball accuracy the first thing I look for in a system that’s mostly short to medium passes. Just my opinion, I have a higher grade on Luke Falk and a couple other guys. 

I like Luke Falk sometime in the late third or after but not as much as Mason Rudolph in the first or mid-second round for better value.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:05 PM, DoleINGout said:

Thomas Davis announced he would be retiring after this season and if you look at Leighton Vander Eash's results form the combine, they're almost identical. I figured this would be a good pick also because Ron Rivera is good with linebackers having played the position himself. As for BJ Hill in the second, that is a pick I think can be improved upon. Kawaan Short could probably kick over to defensive end and allow Dontari Poe, Hill, and Butler to rotate inside once Julius Peppers retires.

We have Shaq Thompson, who has improved each season. He'll be TD's replacement.

Short moving to DE would be dumb as heck. Having his interior pressure and soaking up double teams is what allows our DEs to pick up more sacks. Maybe the best 3T in the NFL after Aaron Donald. Why would we get rid of that advantage... ?

1 minute ago, Zithers2 said:

We have Shaq Thompson, who has improved each season. He'll be TD's replacement.

Short moving to DE would be dumb as heck. Having his interior pressure and soaking up double teams is what allows our DEs to pick up more sacks. Maybe the best 3T in the NFL after Aaron Donald. Why would we get rid of that advantage... ?

It was just a BPA type of pick at the time. The mock has changed since the Jets traded up today.

I like the Bryan and Hill picks. But the Falcons would need someone faster if they get a WR. A true burner who can complement Julio Jones. Ateman isn't that guy. Deon Cain from Clemson would be a great fit as he's similar to a younger Roddy White with more top-end speed. He also killed the 3-cone which is something the Falcons look at when they draft skill players. If he's there in the 3rd, he seems to be a better fit for what they would look for than Ateman is.

Archived