Mid-FA Period Mock Draft (Jets Trade)

DoleINGout

18 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Would be awful odd of the Chiefs to draft Miller after signing Watkins.

Jessie Bates

Tim Settle

Take your pick of DE, CB, OL, or OLB after that. Those first 2 picks would be outstanding though 

Your feedback is appreciated. I did most of this pre-free agency and missed some of the later round picks because I didn't review everything thoroughly.

I would rate it as we haven't really did much so far but thats to be expected as we don't have tons of cap space and haven't restructured ryans contract to get more money yet.

Still i like the Fusco pick up at RG he's when healthy an above avg OG and about the quality of a guy we already have in Levitre.  So i would give that a solid B signing. but Doesn't mean we won't look to get a legit OG in the draft as well if one presents it self to us. 

Thats the only guy we have gotten so far although we are looking at Dickson and Jenkins at TE as well but no signings there yet.    As of right now every need we had before the free agency hit is the same needs we still have as Fusco for 4 mil is cheap enough to be a elite swing man and depth player for injury or spot starter while we groom a high round rookie OG.

Also im in agreement with scar on the last mock you had for us on the last edit it wasn't very good bro wasn't a big fan of it i just haven't had time to do a full write up on it.  If you want some pointers and to talk scheme fit and types of players we might target in each round.  Feel free to PM me and i'll chat as long as you want to about the Falcons stuff.

But with this new mock right here i think it's done alot better.   Bryan in the 1st is a really good pickup for us and hit's a big need. 

Rankin in round 2 do you view him as a OG for us at the next level i want to see what the pick was made for and based on before i say if it was good or bad for us.

3rd round WR isn't a bad option i would need to see what the rest of our FA looks like to see if it was a good pick or not and see what needs we still have.  

@FalconFan13 Fusco is the guard signing you had been looking for so congratulations, it's a start.

As for Martinas Rankin, I see him as a guy with NFL size and athleticsm to work at a number of positions along the offensive line. Quick feet, uses a punch, doesn't reach or whiff, experienced pulling, he can hold up on an island in run blocking or pass blocking if need be, gets to where he's supposed to be and seems to have developed a good sense of how long it's supposed to take for the entire play to develop. He could get better at latching onto his guy and sustaining the block a little longer but maybe he is just very strictly coached to not get holding penalties. If he were a little bit stronger I'd say he is closer to a first round prospect as a left tackle. What you have right now is a guy who will be drafted and be put somewhere inside at guard probably unless needed to kick out to one one of those tackle spots.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@FalconFan13 Fusco is the guard signing you had been looking for so congratulations, it's a start.

As for Martinas Rankin, I see him as a guy with NFL size and athleticsm to work at a number of positions along the offensive line. Quick feet, uses a punch, doesn't reach or whiff, experienced pulling, he can hold up on an island in run blocking or pass blocking if need be, gets to where he's supposed to be and seems to have developed a good sense of how long it's supposed to take for the entire play to develop. He could get better at latching onto his guy and sustaining the block a little longer but maybe he is just very strictly coached to not get holding penalties. If he were a little bit stronger I'd say he is closer to a first round prospect as a left tackle. What you have right now is a guy who will be drafted and be put somewhere inside at guard probably unless needed to kick out to one one of those tackle spots.

As for the Tackle spots we are set there so i was wondering if he was a OG prospect you chose for us which im not fully against but the one big knock on him is he gets beat by guys with strength.  He is quick feet and good athleticism but if he's getting beat up by DE's already that are strong then DT's will destroy him at the nfl level which probably means his best spot is gonna be at LT against quicker ends.  Which is a premier position at the nfl and one he should be going for over OG if thats what suits his game best.

I normally like taking a OT and swapping them to OG but thats when it's the opposite problem he has where they aren't quick enough for LT but are strong and can handle DT and still be quick for OG.  Something like Isaiah Wynn in that aspect for transitioning OT to OG.    Since we don't have a need for OT then i would say look at a different OG or even maybe even as important how about looking at a TE there in Goedert or a true young NT in Tim Settle to team with Bryan.    Bryan would be our replacement for Adrian Clayborne and Settle would be our replacement for Poe.  Also i know we signed Bromley but thats not exactly that would even come close to stopping me from getting Settle there.  Grady, Settle, and Bromley would still only give us 3 DT's on the roster and meaning Taven will have to slide in to help for depth at times with Takk and Vic handling the DE's spot when he does that.  Will only help DT and De's rotation with all those guys.

@DoleINGout I'm glad that you didn't mocked a QB for Denver.

All rumors point to us taking a QB and that is a huge mistake in my opinion.

Nothing against Chubb, but they FA is going for Denver I want Quenton Nelson at 5....Quenton Nelson and a OT like Kolton Miller at 40 is the only draft that would make me feel ok with that Broncos free agency

don't care at all for a 3rd round WR, as we could use that on DT right there. Shamar Stephen is a good re-sign, but he's not a starter.

I like the first two picks though.

I don't see any reason for us to sign Frank Gore when we're already overpaying for Latavius Murray.

10 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

@BrownsDog23 Following this mock draft, the Broncos, Jets, Saints, and Patriots will all be looking for a QB. Steelers, Chargers, Ravens, Jaguars and Redskins will all be is he market for a future QB in the coming year or two. Mayfield and Jackson offer a ton of value to the Browns. And who knows, maybe Jackson can work out at a RB/WR/KR/PR.

You're overthinking it, my friend. This is never happened in NFL history, and it will not happen this year, especially with the number one pick and a top-15 pick. This undermines your entire draft in my opinion, and it should be the first thing you change. Just like Saquon Barkley was never going number one, the idea that two quarterbacks would be picked in the in the first round by the Browns was just something to gossip about in the long offseason. As far as the draft, I like Baker Mayfield number one, though of course many Browns fans will not. After that, Josh Jackson is the only pick I could really be on board with. Alexander is way overdrafted at number 22 with all his injuries, and with how the draft board is going it would make more sense for the Browns to trade up to pick 7 or so to grab Quenton Nelson as tackle of the future with Joe retiring. It makes no sense to trade down and then reach on players. As far as free agents are concerned for the Browns, I can't really comment since you only add Bashaud Breeland, which would be a fine signing albeit unspectacular.

Archived