Mid-FA Period Mock Draft (Jets Trade)

DoleINGout

21 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I like the Bryan and Hill picks. But the Falcons would need someone faster if they get a WR. A true burner who can complement Julio Jones. Ateman isn't that guy. Deon Cain from Clemson would be a great fit as he's similar to a younger Roddy White with more top-end speed. He also killed the 3-cone which is something the Falcons look at when they draft skill players. If he's there in the 3rd, he seems to be a better fit for what they would look for than Ateman is.

Good recommendation. In Roddy White's last two seasons with the Falcons he was more of a big guy with savviness than a burner. I think Marcell Ateman would thrive with the Falcons so and it seems like a good value in the third round so I could see it happening. Maybe the Falcons will target a speedier player in the fourth or fifth too.

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Good recommendation. In Roddy White's last two seasons with the Falcons he was more of a big guy with savviness than a burner. I think Marcell Ateman would thrive with the Falcons so and it seems like a good value in the third round so I could see it happening. Maybe the Falcons will target a speedier player in the fourth or fifth too.

I don't think they need a guy who'll be redundant to Mohamed Sanu. Because you just described what Sanu brings. They need a speedster. They have Ateman already in Sanu.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

I don't think they need a guy who'll be redundant to Mohamed Sanu. Because you just described what Sanu brings. They need a speedster. They have Ateman already in Sanu.

Cain tests nice on a track and field but his game isn't more like Sanu's than Ateman's which is why I mocked it the way it is. I actually think you have more of a Roddy White comparison in 6 foot 4 inch, 220 pound Marcell Ateman. If you think the Falcons will try to mot be redundant with Sanu, I think Ateman is the guy the way this board falls.

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Mason Cole in the 3rd for the Jets and we're good

I see the need and I think it is a good pick, (if not a little overvalued that high in the third round), but I think a pass catcher that can be respectable blocking at tight end would be what the Jets value more.

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Cain tests nice on a track and field but his game isn't more like Sanu's than Ateman's which is why I mocked it the way it is. I actually think you have more of a Roddy White comparison in 6 foot 4 inch, 220 pound Marcell Ateman. If you think the Falcons will try to mot be redundant with Sanu, I think Ateman is the guy the way this board falls.

Deon Cain is like Roddy circa 2008-2012. Not Roddy late career. Ateman might be closer to late Roddy, but he's also basically Sanu. I don't think he's what they are looking for. They need a burner across from Julio. I like Ateman, I just don't think he's the fit here in Atlanta. And I have a much better read on the team than you do. So take the advice.

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I see the need and I think it is a good pick, (if not a little overvalued that high in the third round), but I think a pass catcher that can be respectable blocking at tight end would be what the Jets value more.

We took Jordan Leggett in the 5th last yea and our coaching staff seems pretty high on him where as Carpenter isnt a good fit in our Zone blocking scheme ands contract is up after this ear.

15 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Deon Cain is like Roddy circa 2008-2012. Not Roddy late career. Ateman might be closer to late Roddy, but he's also basically Sanu. I don't think he's what they are looking for. They need a burner across from Julio. I like Ateman, I just don't think he's the fit here in Atlanta. And I have a much better read on the team than you do. So take the advice.

Of course I trust your read on the team you root for more than my own. I have leaned a lot on the advice of peoples comments. That being said, our guesses aren't necessarily close to what the Falcons may be thinking. That's why to me, it makes more sense to go with the player I think makes sense and is a better value. The Falcons may have worked out Deon Cain and you may know that they have a patrern of looking for guys with Cain's measurables the this off-seasom, but I don't know what they're actually looking for. Unless you know, I'm not sure there's a specific type of receiver that makes more sense than another. I do know that they want a guy who displays effort blocking and when I watch Ateman, I see that. From what I've seen from Cain, the effort and effectiveness isn't as strong. I appreciate your feedback. I've learned more from your posts.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Of course I trust your read on the team you root for more than my own. I have leaned a lot on the advice of peoples comments. That being said, our guesses aren't necessarily close to what the Falcons may be thinking. That's why to me, it makes more sense to go with the player I think makes sense and is a better value. The Falcons may have worked out Deon Cain and you may know that they have a patrern of looking for guys with Cain's measurables the this off-seasom, but I don't know what they're actually looking for. Unless you know, I'm not sure there's a specific type of receiver that makes more sense than another. I do know that they want a guy who displays effort blocking and when I watch Ateman, I see that. From what I've seen from Cain, the effort and effectiveness isn't as strong. I appreciate your feedback. I've learned more from your posts.

And that's great that you think you can read all 32 teams. And I have a much better idea of what they are looking for than you might seeing as I cover the team for USA Today's FalconsWire site. They have patterns of both going after guys like Cain AND they've freaking said they need someone else to stretch the field. That's not Ateman.

Once again I really dislike for the Browns 

The good : like the trade and the compensation we get back

The Bad: Baker #1 not a fan of his but if that’s who the front office believes is the best QB in this draft so be as long as they get their guy

The Ugly: McGlinchey and Hubbard. Don’t know a lot about McGlinchey but the fact that he doesn’t seem to have any injurie or off the field concerns yet isn’t projected as a top 10 pick speaks volumes and tells me all I need to know about him and the Hubbard pick makes absolutely no sense.

Just now, scar988 said:

And that's great that you think you can read all 32 teams. And I have a much better idea of what they are looking for than you might seeing as I cover the team for USA Today's FalconsWire site. They have patterns of both going after guys like Cain AND they've freaking said they need someone else to stretch the field. That's not Ateman.

And your contribution to this discussion is valuable. So thanks again. I appreciate the insight. Deon Cain seems like a fit. Ateman too.

14 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Once again I really dislike for the Browns 

The good : like the trade and the compensation we get back

The Bad: Baker #1 not a fan of his but if that’s who the front office believes is the best QB in this draft so be as long as they get their guy

The Ugly: McGlinchey and Hubbard. Don’t know a lot about McGlinchey but the fact that he doesn’t seem to have any injurie or off the field concerns yet isn’t projected as a top 10 pick speaks volumes and tells me all I need to know about him and the Hubbard pick makes absolutely no sense.

Mike McGlinchey seems like the top offensive tackle prospect. He isn't a top 10 guy but not every good player has to be elite. McGlinchey is very good. Ryan Ramczyc was a drafted 32 last year by the Saints and looks to be a great player. Not considered a top 10 prospect but very good with no red flags. The Browns have so many picks that adding a guy who can twist and stunt in a Gregg Williams pressure defense will really complete the arsenal of pass rushers for the Browns. Great defenses have many guys who can do the job. The Browns are good enough but Hubbard would make the rotation great by allowing them to sub guys and keep fresher longer. Although Hubbard would be a decent pick, maybe Taven Bryan would present a higher ceiling and be used mostly the same Sam Hubbard would.

I have to say this is very confusing for the Texans. 

3a - I’m good here. We definitely need more help at Tackle. 

3b - We have a very good young NT in DJ Reader. We have great DT depth.  Can’t see any reason we would ever draft a NT. 

3c - Cole is good but why would we draft him?  Nick Martin is the best part of our Line at C in his third year.  We just signed two more Guards in FA. Don’t see this being a pick. Another OT, maybe. 

Overall our needs in order are now: 

LT - Davenport May develop but may not

CB1 - JJo is a stop gap

TE - Need a blocker like Dalton Schultz

RT 

OLB - Merciless entering final year of deal  

RB - Foreman’s health questionable and Lamar Miller will be released next year when he’s due $7.5M  I would guess we use a later round pick on one who can block and play ST  to 

QB2 : probably Matt Moore coming in, but if not Kyle Allen or Logan Woodside with a 6th makes sense. 

Archived