Salary Cap Space

Johnny Nix

I’m reading on spotrac that even with Cordy Glenn that Bengals have 28 million in cap space still... not sure where they are getting these numbers that they only have enough to resign Eifert or Bodine (maybe both) and that’s it. 

Especially when you consider cutting Michael Johnson clears 6.1 million and Lafell 4 million. That’s enough to sign an impact player or two alone right there 

20 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

And supposedly some of that is earmarked for extensions. As long as those happen, I'm good with their allotment.

I'd be on board with extending Geno, Dunlap, Dennard, Kroft, and Clark Harris.  Maybe 3 year extensions for Geno and Dunlap and a 5 year for Dennard.  Get those done and we'd be in great shape going into next offseason.

Hey Bengals fans, was wondering if Andre Smith actually has anything left in the tank as the Cardinals just added him. Know he's kind of been hot garbage the last year or two, but were injuries/changing positions a lot a factor at all. Thanks for the feedback. If he sucks still its nothing I'm not used to from an offensive linemanxD

24 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Hey Bengals fans, was wondering if Andre Smith actually has anything left in the tank as the Cardinals just added him. Know he's kind of been hot garbage the last year or two, but were injuries/changing positions a lot a factor at all. Thanks for the feedback. If he sucks still its nothing I'm not used to from an offensive linemanxD

He’s a little more inconsistent than he used to be. He still has problems with injuries as well. But he was probably our 2nd best offensive lineman (which isn’t saying much)

I remember on one of the seasons of Hard Knocks, Mikey was talking cap and how close we were to it. He said something along the lines of the team having an internal cap and making sure the team remained under there. I could be wrong, but that is probably why the team's beat writers act like we are in cap hell. Because as a team we never get close to the league cap. 

On 3/15/2018 at 9:13 AM, THE DUKE said:

I'd be on board with extending Geno, Dunlap, Dennard, Kroft, and Clark Harris.  Maybe 3 year extensions for Geno and Dunlap and a 5 year for Dennard.  Get those done and we'd be in great shape going into next offseason.

Lifetime contract for Geno...

want to have an absolutely elite defense?  Extend Geno, Carlos and Dennard, then get creative and open enough space for signing Suh.  Of course it would never happen, but image that line in pass rush.  Johnson and LaFell cuts might get us in range.  Imagine Burfict and brown roaming free behind that line.

7 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

want to have an absolutely elite defense?  Extend Geno, Carlos and Dennard, then get creative and open enough space for signing Suh.  Of course it would never happen, but image that line in pass rush.  Johnson and LaFell cuts might get us in range.  Imagine Burfict and brown roaming free behind that line.

We would need a new HC for that signing.  Marvin would just ask Suh to eat up blockers...

Archived