1. 1. Starting CBs?

• Kirkpatrick, Dennard, WJ3 (slot)
    • Kirkpatrick, WJ3, Dennard (slot)
    • Kirkpatrick, Shaw, Dennard (slot)
    • Kirkpatrick, WJ3, Shaw (slot)
    • Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw (slot)
    • Kirkpatrick, Shaw, WJ3 (slot)
    • Other

I voted Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Shaw in the slot.

Dennard had a good camp for those that remember last year.  I think he'll win that job if he stays healthy.

Shaw did pretty well for himself as the #3 last year, so i think he'll win that job too. 

And while i think WJIII does ok in camp, he's just not going to be able to beat out those guys.  Unfortunately.

I voted Kirk, WJIII and Shaw.  I think the games will show that Jackson is a superior athlete than Dennard.  In the end, they will both get snaps.  If Iloka and Smith miss any real game time, I could see Kirkpatrick, Jackson and Dennard all being the players out there, with Shaw playing nickel safety.

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I voted Kirk, WJIII and Shaw.  I think the games will show that Jackson is a superior athlete than Dennard.  In the end, they will both get snaps.  If Iloka and Smith miss any real game time, I could see Kirkpatrick, Jackson and Dennard all being the players out there, with Shaw playing nickel safety.

That would actually be best for the long term.  WJIII is under contract for a while.  Shaw will be relatively easy to lock up.  If anyone is going to fail, Dennard hurts the least.

13 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Kirkpatrick and Dennard as the starters, Shaw as the nickle. Not expecting Jackson to get hardly any snaps in week 1, unless he really impresses in the preseason or an injury happens.

This is probably the position with the least amount of veteran bias.  Meaning whoever plays better in the preseason and training camp is probably the one who gets the snaps.

Archived