Bowlers New Mock

Bowler1215

8) ILB Tremaine Edmunds  Free agency got Mitch some weapons, now time to improve the pass rush

TRADE Bears trade 39 to Falcons for picks 58 and 90

58) OLB  Sam Hubbard  we're thin at LB and pass rushers.  With the moves we've made in FA, I could see us going back to back pass rushers

90 OC James Daniels  Grasu sucks, and Whitehair moves to LG giving us a solid interior  o-line

105 CB  Christian Campbell  While we have a solid back end, nothing wrong with adding competition

Bears trade 115 to LAC for 119 and 191

119 QB  Luke Falk  We just signed Chase Daniel, but we need a quality back up

145  OT  Greg Senat Could be a steal in the 5th, and could push Massie for RT

181 WR  Marquez Valdes-Scantling He's tall and fast and gives Mitch another weapon

191 DE  Christian LaCouture Can't have too many pass rushers

224 Safety Jordan Martin Adds depth

I like the draft if it were to happen that way.  Adding 3 starters in any draft is huge and I think your first 3 would all start, plus Edmunds and Daniels have huge upside.  But I think it is a tad unrealistic.

Edmunds is not an edge pass rusher, he played ILB in college.  Maybe he could do it, certainly has the body and speed, but if plan is for him to play edge it is a position change for a top 10 pick.  Not likely to get returns on it for a few years with all the pressure of performing as a top 10 pick. You can take Edmunds, but leave him inside IMO.

It is unlikely Hubbard and Daniels last that long, but if they do then they should certainly be picked.  

I could see Pace trading down in 2nd or in first for that matter.  He likes having picks in each round and he doesnt have a 3rd. 

Not sure why more teams dont trade up into end of first    Get an extra year with first round picks.

I think both Daniels and Ohio St's Price are on the war room board for sure. With Long in bad health and Sitton gone interior upgrade is a definte need and draft has 5 or so quality interior OL prospects.  

Browns poor combine may plummet him too and Bears could use another OT.  Gone from a consensus mid first to who knows where.   Might get some value there.  Guy is slow, but real hard to get around.   Never gave up a sack in games I saw.  A bit lazy at blocking to thw whistle, but seems to always make his blocks.  Going to have to watch him again or more.  

Edge rusher remains team primary need as of this post.

1 hour ago, 51to54 said:

So early in the second with our pick might be a good value then???

Yeah, i said after the combine that we should maybe do a minor trade in the first, grab landry and a 3rd round pick and then draft Daniels in the 2nd and DJ Chark in the 3rd.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I like the draft if it were to happen that way.  Adding 3 starters in any draft is huge and I think your first 3 would all start, plus Edmunds and Daniels have huge upside.  But I think it is a tad unrealistic.

Edmunds is not an edge pass rusher, he played ILB in college.  Maybe he could do it, certainly has the body and speed, but if plan is for him to play edge it is a position change for a top 10 pick.  Not likely to get returns on it for a few years with all the pressure of performing as a top 10 pick. You can take Edmunds, but leave him inside IMO.

It is unlikely Hubbard and Daniels last that long, but if they do then they should certainly be picked.  

I could see Pace trading down in 2nd or in first for that matter.  He likes having picks in each round and he doesnt have a 3rd. 

Not sure why more teams dont trade up into end of first    Get an extra year with first round picks.

I think both Daniels and Ohio St's Price are on the war room board for sure. With Long in bad health and Sitton gone interior upgrade is a definte need and draft has 5 or so quality interior OL prospects.  

Browns poor combine may plummet him too and Bears could use another OT.  Gone from a consensus mid first to who knows where.   Might get some value there.  Guy is slow, but real hard to get around.   Never gave up a sack in games I saw.  A bit lazy at blocking to thw whistle, but seems to always make his blocks.  Going to have to watch him again or more.  

Edge rusher remains team primary need as of this post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fifth year option is something like top 15 average salary or something like that?  In many cases, that decision may be an obvious YES/NO, but in other cases I could see if being a challenge due to the relatively high price.  I'm too lazy to look up the facts, but that is a potential reason for fewer Rd1 trade-ups.  

Archived