Lions close to signing frank gore

flyguy1609

2 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

This is flat out stupid. 

Let's spend our time checking out old *** rbs 

There gonna take one in the draft so why..  no ones rushing to sign gore..they are showing there draft hand..so we will be lucky to get the dlmen we want either..

The Patriots don't typically draft RB's in 1st round. So there's a very good chance that we'll wind up with another LB, DL or OL in the 1st round barring an incredible value at #20 (and assuming no major trade offers).

The front office is trying to stabilize a position of need so they aren't forcing the issue in the draft. You're better off bringing in cheap veteran talent than over drafting a young and unproven player. If Gore has nothing left in the tank, he can likely be cut during camp. You're not doing that with your 1st round RB that might be struggling.

11 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Frank Gore's worst year is still better than anything we've had for years. He's a great veteran RB. 

I want nothing to do with Peterson. 

Lol. This is what I thought. I don't love it, but It's just a meh signing. He'll press guys for a starting role, I still expect them to sign or draft someone else... possibly doing both.

* I wanted to trade for him at the deadline last year and honestly, sadly, he might of been the difference down the stretch if he ran somewhat effectively at all. Might be a too little too late move but he's been a solid starter for the past like 6 or 7 years every game. Kind of unreal for a RB.

23 hours ago, Rockcity2 said:

This is flat out stupid. 

Let's spend our time checking out old *** rbs 

There gonna take one in the draft so why..  no ones rushing to sign gore..they are showing there draft hand..so we will be lucky to get the dlmen we want either..

They got Taylor Decker going into the draft with no left tackle. They got Jarrad Davis after going into the draft with Paul Worrilow slated as a starter. "Showing their hand" hasn't hurt them yet. They have 2 RB's worth carrying on the roster. Quinn said he wants to carry 4-5 RB's on the roster. If they sign a RB they could still draft two more. Signing a RB doesn't preclude them from drafting one at any point in the draft. Before getting so angry about a potential signing that has basically zero risk, consider why they might be doing it:

The Lions were one of the worst converting 3rd/4th & short. Gore is one of the best. No shock why that pairing makes sense. Gore is also a great pass blocker at RB and has a good chance to get into the hall of fame one day. He can teach young players how to play the game, he can teach them how to read the blocking schemes, he can teach them how to block properly, he can teach them how to be professionals, and he can show them the best ways to work, improve, and practice. 

Archived