A Post-FA Look at the Roster & What We Need

Mind Character

Here's what I'd LOVE to see based upon need/value:

#1: Darnold, QB. Sit for a FULL YEAR behind Tyrod

#4: TRADE with Buffalo for #12, #21, 2019 2nd

At #12 and #21, you take straight up BPA at ANY position aside from QB, ILB, TE, or OG, unless somehow Nelson is there. We need help throughout the secondary, we could add another stud WR on the outside who has a big body, an OT if there is one worth drafting, and we need another solid DT. RB is another area.

We then still have 3 second rounders. I'm targeting guys who will come in and start in 2019 and help out this year, whether they are a DE, WR (assuming not drafted above), RB (if not drafted above), Center, or an OT (if not drafted above).

We may have to just live with not having that cornerstone OT this year and someone who's average/slightly below average, with someone stepping up next year to protect our QBOTF in Darnold.

JMHO

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hope we stick with our OL. I don't think we need to bring in any more OT's this year. Let Coleman try to play LT. Let's see what Roderick Johnson has too. I don't want us freaking out and overdrafting an OT this year.

Almost forgot about Roderick Johnson.

A full season in a pro weight room might do him some wonders.  

I would still like to bring in Pryor as the 4th WR.

One of Pryor, Mike Wallace, or Jeremy Maclin would be a nice addition to the WR room. Wallace and Tyrod's deep ball could be an interesting combination. Although I would like to add more size and a red zone target too

Thanks for the breakdown Mind.

What stands out to me most is a need for difference makers at QB/RB/CB. Momentum plays. Offensively #1 should be that guy. Defensively there are some candidates who can step up. Myles will get his, but it'd be great to have someone step up and be that 5+ int guy or another 10 sack player as a result of the attention Myles will receive.

Peppers, Randall, the DL. While they all got some promise I can't say I expect any of them to really be that guy. That's where #4 comes in or a trade down. 

To me only a CB who can get INT's is the only position worth taking if it's not Barkley at 4. So idk, Fitzpatrick, J. Jackson? 

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hope we stick with our OL. I don't think we need to bring in any more OT's this year. Let Coleman try to play LT. Let's see what Roderick Johnson has too. I don't want us freaking out and overdrafting an OT this year.

Strongly agree with this.

We may want/need an OT, but he probably isn't in this draft unless we luck out big time with a lower round selection.

Archived