Who have been the winners and losers of free agency?

JAF-N72EX

1 hour ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Crabtree is better than Grant, but even if he signs I'd still consider Baltimore a loser, they had the chance to get an established long term WR1, Crabtree is short term sticking plaster

What established long term WR1 did they have a good chance at?

23 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

What established long term WR1 did they have a good chance at?

They could have bid strong at the likes of Watkins / Robinson. They are desperate, their WRs are so bad surely you just accept that you might have to be pay too much but finally get a WR1 for the first time in years

1 hour ago, BigMountainGoat said:

They could have bid strong at the likes of Watkins / Robinson. They are desperate, their WRs are so bad surely you just accept that you might have to be pay too much but finally get a WR1 for the first time in years

I hear ya, but the fact is the Ravens werent going to be able to win a bidding war for either of those guys.

26 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I hear ya, but the fact is the Ravens werent going to be able to win a bidding war for either of those guys.

Possibly, but they managed to put crazy money on the table for Grant, which if you add to the Brown money is about what Robinson got. I can see why he would choose the Bears over the Ravens anyway. But you just wonder if the Ravens could have been more bold in addressing such a major hole.

19 hours ago, Eagles23 said:

Im well aware its worked out perfectly fine in the past. The offense should still be great with Gronk and Edelman around but the defensive side of the ball lacks more talent compared to other Pats teams I can remember.

Belichick has gained two third round picks so far this offseason. You think he is giving those way to overpay for a mediocre free agent? He will bide his time and sign non-compensatory free agents (ie players cut by other teams). 

6 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Possibly, but they managed to put crazy money on the table for Grant, which if you add to the Brown money is about what Robinson got. I can see why he would choose the Bears over the Ravens anyway. But you just wonder if the Ravens could have been more bold in addressing such a major hole.

The money was only "crazy" because they overpaid for a JAG.

Robinson is getting double what they gave Grant and they wouldve lost any bidding war they got into.

They could have been more "bold", but bold isnt always smart.

3 hours ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Belichick has gained two third round picks so far this offseason. You think he is giving those way to overpay for a mediocre free agent? He will bide his time and sign non-compensatory free agents (ie players cut by other teams). 

Belicheck is good at letting players walk at the right time.  This is why they are so competitive each year.  Right now they are still a tough team but replacing Brady will be hard once they have to.

Seahawks are looking pretty bad right now in Free Agency. They've lost:

Paul Richardson

Jimmy Graham

Luke Willson

Richard Sherman

Michael Bennett

Sheldon Richardson

Jeremy Lane

Deshawn Shead

All of those players are starters except Willson, who was their #2 TE. They've added:

Bradley McDougald (re-signed with the team).

UPDATE: They just added TE Ed Dickson lol 

Archived