Who have been the winners and losers of free agency?

JAF-N72EX

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I agree that I don't know how much better in terms of ceiling that they are with Cousins over the way Keenum played last year. I think the addition of Cousins mitigates risk and increases their floor, but maybe not necessarily the ceiling given when only accounting for the way that Keenum played last year. They don't have to worry about Cousins turning into the Keenum we knew before last season. There is a slight uptick in ceiling, I think, but not as much as people want to believe. 

That's my thoughts on this as well.  No, I don't honestly believe that Kirk Cousins is going to play better than Case Keenum did in 2017.  But I'm also less convinced that Keenum can repeat his 2017 numbers than Cousins can.  I don't think there's much upside in signing Cousins over Keenum, but the floor is significantly higher.

2 hours ago, stallyns said:

Ballard quote

”We’re not going to pay Type ‘A’ money to Type ‘B’ players. 

They have reached out to a few players, scheduled visits with Ryan Jensen, Justin Pugh and Eric Ebron. 

Not only are there people in this thread calling players and agents the winners of free agency. It makes you wonder how a team that didn’t get snookered in by all this could be called a loser. 

because there are massive gaps in your roster that can't be entirely filled via the draft. Only the Packers or the Bengals have been able to briefly sustain winning seasons while having teams almost entirely built through the draft.

1 minute ago, Malik said:

because there are massive gaps in your roster that can't be entirely filled via the draft. Only the Packers or the Bengals have been able to briefly sustain winning seasons while having teams almost entirely built through the draft.

You say that as if you truly believe free agency is completely over. 

*narrator* it isn’t 

On 3/15/2018 at 11:22 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

The Steelers are fringe losers here. We've cut about every safety on the roster except the worst one. We're pretty threadbare back there. I guess it could all shift if we sign a safety or an ILB. I also think we're handling the Le'veon Bell situation incorrectly.

Trade for Earl Thomas?

On 3/15/2018 at 10:44 AM, Crickett said:

Big winner: Buffalo.  They got a third round pick so they could get a better quarterback at a cheaper price. 

I agree you got a steal with the 3rd round pick and yes AJ is cheaper but what exactly has McCarron shown to prove he is even close to Tyrod? He's thrown 133 passes in 3 years

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That’s what i heard as well. Pretty much a “We dont have him OTB but if you want to trade that he’s yours”

Reminds me of the Sherman rumors last year, in that anyone is on the trade block if some team is going to just come in and offer like 3 1st-round picks for a player. But other than an insane offer like a 1 and a 3 for Thomas, he's not going anywhere until next year when he goes to Dallas in FA.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

No way Seattle goes for that. Rumor is they want a 1st and 3rd for Thomas. 

I just knew the hawks had a terrible line. I know Gilbert alone wouldn’t get it done. I think we just need to restructure a few more contracts and sign Eric Reid and draft an ILB and safety early. I don’t think breaking the bank for Thomas is wise.

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I just knew the hawks had a terrible line. I know Gilbert alone wouldn’t get it done. I think we just need to restructure a few more contracts and sign Eric Reid and draft an ILB and safety early. I don’t think breaking the bank for Thomas is wise.

Oh they do. They also want a king's ransom for a top 5 FS in his prime, though.

57 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Never should have dealt Unger for Graham

Archived