Free Agency Tracker

VigilantZombie

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No. Even though Bryant is close to never playing again he’s productive. Nkemdiche has had problems seeing any snaps in Arizona and it’s not like he’s stuck behind studs. Nkem is a lazy POS. 

I’d like to see more of his NFL film.  He wasn’t lazy in college; he struggled to find the ball due to trying to destroy the blocker in front of him.  I’m even more curious now.

2 minutes ago, Armsteeld2 said:

I’d like to see more of his NFL film.  He wasn’t lazy in college; he struggled to find the ball due to trying to destroy the blocker in front of him.  I’m even more curious now.

I googled Robert Nkemdiche NFL Highlights and all that came up was this:

A tackle after a 4 yard pickup, and 2 gang tackles that came in preseason against backups.

To me this is a no-brainer you need to find a way to sign Tyrann Mathieu it still doesn't take away the possibility of drafting an early safety in the first two to three rounds. I could still see us taking Justin Reid in the second round or Elliott. But he is the biggest game changer on the market right now and he would be an excellent fit for our defense. This is the player that they need to find a way to go out and get. maybe the delay and the reason we haven't heard anything is because perhaps they're talking to people about restructuring contracts to make it happen

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

have we even met with anyone yet?lol austin has been the only guys the steelers have been mentioned in having any interest in

Based on what I've read, no.

Preston Brown has an offer from Buffalo and has publically said he wants to play in NE. Raiders are trying to get Bowman back. I have a feeling Mathieu will end up in Oakland or Houston.

Really beyond that there isn't much left. I said this last night. I really think Touissant might be the only guy they sign. The way they structure contracts, their refusal to guarantee any money, it all contributes to the hardship of free agency. But it's just their way.

25 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm just hoping for a Ben team friendly extension that could clear up about $7m next year. That's about the only way we're signing Mathieu, I'd say.

I'm hoping Ben doesn't sign an extension at all.

To explain my comment above here is why I feel that way we have been at the mercy of Aging and more importantly no longer present players four way too long and giving him an extension will only be more of that because as we all know when a quarterback falls off the cliff it doesn't happen gradually it happened suddenly. I would be willing to bet that if he is given an extension the remainder of his contract will be the years in which we wish he wasn't here

Lol the big splash this offseason is going to be signing Timmons....

Absolutely no chance we sign Mathieu, too much money and the Steelers just never even make a run at guys like this.

It's a little disheartening sometimes to see this FA activity, I understand money is tight and the Steelers don't usually make major moves, but man, just sign a depth guy at least. These LB's are flying off the market 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Preston Brown signed with the Bungles. 

Looks like we're drafting a starter. 

That's insane that the Steelers dont even look at him and then he signs with a division rival.

In b4 Pittsburgh has the worst defense in the division.

Edit: I'm not trying to sound all try negative or sound like I'm abandoning the Steelers going to be like that by making the above statement but an article I'm sure we all saw him out a couple of days ago and yes it's an article by News writer it means nothing in the real scheme of things but that suggested that despitespite the slow start in free agency the team would be active. I would find it very disappointing at this point if Timmons were the inside linebacker refund because seemingly they have made no attempt to sign anybody else. No I don't know if that is accurate because we don't know who's agent they have or have not contacted but based on all the circumstantial evidence it's at least a fair speculation to suggest they have yet to contact anybody of substance. Meanwhile we see the Cleveland Browns wheeling and dealing we see rain in players that would have filled needs for the Pittsburgh Steelers and we see the Baltimore Ravens continue to improve their offense while our defense is in a position to not be able to defend the players of the Ravens are bringing in.

as frustrating as I can be I've always supported this to you in a way but this is one of the times where if they are going to take the hard ground on Le'Veon Bell's contract they need to man up and spend some money on a significant defensive player that can help turn the defense around especially when you consider that Tyrann Mathieu is extremely young.

The reality is that they won't. We already know this. Where we going to the draft canopy will hope and pray that Evans Falls to us at 28. And if he doesn't I am really concerned that we are going to see a Jarvis Jones pick all over again.

Archived