Free Agency Tracker

VigilantZombie

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think we'll attempt a trade for Kendricks from Philly. If we do that, sign a safety, and draft LVE or Evans in the first, we've improved a great deal.

If we trade for someone after.just watching players fly off the shelves at reasonable prices, id be kind of pissed.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If we trade for someone after.just watching players fly off the shelves at reasonable prices, id be kind of pissed.

I'd honestly rather have Kendricks over any of the FA linebackers save Hitchens and Zach Brown. It's not like this class of backers were any good. While they were fairly affordable for a good-great ILB they weren't great deals for what they were, which is below average/one dimensional ILB's. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd honestly rather have Kendricks over any of the FA linebackers save Hitchens and Zach Brown. It's not like this class of backers were any good. While they were fairly affordable for a good-great ILB they weren't great deals for what they were, which is below average/one dimensional ILB's. 

Brown is better than one dimensional. 

They can’t depend on some team just jettisoning a solid player at a position of need after the draft or after June 1...it’s not that common and before anyone says Haden, he had plenty of injuries and his play had taken a step back during that time.

No reports of FA visits...not one...

I know some will say just the Steelers approach but they have a window...have to maximize it.

Here is the 'still avialable' FA's at potential need positions.

ILB

Derrick Johnson

Navarro Bowman

-- Honestly, I think that's about the only guys on the market worth considering and they aren't great options given their previous injuries and age.

CB

Rashaan Melvin

Ross Cockrell (knows our defense, very possible)

Dominique Rogers-Cromartie

-- Again, only guys I view as worth even considering

S

Tre Boston

Tyrann Mathieu

Morgan Burnett

Eric Reid

Kenny Vaccaro

--Those are the guys I view as worth signing, those are the guys I expect Pittsburgh not to even contact.

Kemal Ishmael

DeAngelo Hall

-- If we sign anyone, it'll be one of those 2.

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They can’t depend on some team just jettisoning a solid player at a position of need after the draft or after June 1...it’s not that common and before anyone says Haden, he had plenty of injuries and his play had taken a step back during that time.

No reports of FA visits...not one...

I know some will say just the Steelers approach but they have a window...have to maximize it.

Well Haden was a good signing and when he was healthy, he played well.  But as for the rest, I agree.  They need to do something before there is noone to do anything with.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think we'll attempt a trade for Kendricks from Philly. If we do that, sign a safety, and draft LVE or Evans in the first, we've improved a great deal.

Trade for Kendricks?  What is that based on?

16 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

same comments different offseason.

I mean, it is funny that every year Steelers fans get upset that we arent more active in FA....and this year no one should be shocked since we hardly have any money...but I thought they would at least have someone in to fill the voids left by guys like Moats, Mitchell and Rogers.  Guess they are just waiting for the market to settle.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I mean, it is funny that every year Steelers fans get upset that we arent more active in FA....and this year no one should be shocked since we hardly have any money...but I thought they would at least have someone in to fill the voids left by guys like Moats, Mitchell and Rogers.  Guess they are just waiting for the market to settle.

I agree with this basically.  I mean I am not shocked we haven't signed a major FA, but I think it goes beyond letting the market settle.  I flat out don't expect them to sign anyone.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

exactly. I am sure they will add some depth and maybe even a starter or 2 before the draft but for god sakes really? we are not paying top 5-10 money for a middle of the road player and those are the only contracts you see over the 1st week of FA. It will settle down and our biggest position of need safety still has a lot of solid players left. I'm sure part of it is they are not going to give out the biggest contract to a FA safety but will let someone else do it and set the market. As far as ILB this draft has players there for us and because of positional value ILB always falls on draft day more than the so called "experts" predict. If you want your team to win the offseason every year you picked the wrong team to root for.

Archived