2018 Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Deadpulse

I think he played the most snaps of any player in the league last year. I never really got the undersized argument, one inch shorter than Earl Thomas but you don't hear anyone call that guy undersized. He's a baller and I'd be salivating if I'm on the coaching staff thinking what our defense could do with him on the field. As for expensive, he's said since being cut that he's not all about the money, take it with a grain of salt obviously, but if he's not looking to break the bank I think there's a great chance he ends up a Patriot.

I’m in for Clayborn if he’s cheap-ish. He’s a solid overall DE and honestly this team can use a guy who’s simply solid albeit unspectacular. 

Same for Hill, but he’s got some upside. 

Not adding any superstars but depth is nice. 

Delvin Breaux visited today, he's had awful injury luck but definitely a plus cover corner when healthy. Also the Eagles just cut Vinny Curry who I'd be MUCH higher on than any of the other names we're seeing as rotational DE types on the market.

14 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Honey Badger got 1 year $7 mil from the Texans. Would've much rather had him than Clayborn on basically the same annual $$...

True. And Honey Badger seemed like a nice fit for the big nickel. 

Though fro t seven was a larger need  

Id rather have Clayborn this year than Mathieu. Too much money and the draft is full of role player safety prospects. Jeremy Hill is a good signing. I think he will fit in greatly with the running back group. Knows Burkhead from Cincinnati already.

Anybody got anything to share about the Matt Tobin signing? Will he make it through preseason?

Archived