Deadpulse

2018 Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

On 3/31/2018 at 2:26 AM, DoleINGout said:

I know Ryan Allen is good but the Raiders... Marquette King... Belichick... Special teams... young player, good athlete, new culture...

He's not a lefty tho...

I WANT DEZ BRYANT ON THE PATRIOTS.

I WANT DEZ TO SIGN FOR TWO YEARS.

I WANT TO WIN AT LEAST ONE MORE SUPERBOWL WITH TOM BRADY.

I WANT TO BUY A DEZ BRYANT JERSEY AFTER TWO YEARS WHEN THEY EXTEND HIM TO FINISH HIS CAREER WITH THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.

Wouldn’t be upset if Dez was a Patriot unless the deal was long or had decent guarantees. 

That said, I’m not banging the table for him either. I doubt he’d even want to be here knowing how much NE spreads the ball.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Wouldn’t be upset if Dez was a Patriot unless the deal was long or had decent guarantees. 

That said, I’m not banging the table for him either. I doubt he’d even want to be here knowing how much NE spreads the ball.

I feel like he is very emotional now to get back at the Cowboys and playing on a contender to win at any cost is probably where he is at. I think a move like this serves as a wake up call of sorts.

Do they need Bryant, at all? Edelman, Mitchell, Hogan, Matthews, Patterson, Dorsett, Britt isn't an all-star line up, but it's decent and varied. Bryant feels like luxury, and cap space that could be used on the D or the OL.

Bryant is a mediocre route runner who freelances and relies on his prolific athleticism and physicality to make huge plays. He doesn't fit this offense and him and Brady are not likely to connect. 

Posted (edited)

Dez is quite conceivably the most talented receiver in the NFL. Tom Brady would connect with Bryant fine. The offense would be prolific with Dez and Gronk on the same field together oh my Gawd.

Edited by DoleINGout

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Dez is quite conceivably the most talented receiver in the NFL. Tom Brady would connect with Bryant fine. The offense would be prolific with Dez and Gronk on the same field together oh my Gawd.

Talent does not equate to success

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Dez is quite conceivably the most talented receiver in the NFL. 

trre.gif

I think Dez would have the Patriots fifth on his list of teams to sign with behind the Giants, Redskins, Texans, and Saints because those four teams play the Cowboys this year.

Texans are obviously close to where he lives and some consider them a contender with Deshaun Watson healthy, but I doubt they have much mutual interest at all.

The Saints are a Super Bowl contender but I wiuld think their interest is very limited as well right now. Not to mention they've spent to the cap basically. Still, Louisiana isn't far from home for Dez and if a need appears for the Saints then I could see them agreeing to sign him sine they've invested so much into winning this year.

The Patriots are obvious contenders in addition to thr Saints, but they do not face the Cowboys which is skewing Dez's interest I believe. With a chance to win the Super Bowl and play with Tom Brady, I think the opportunity would be too much to pass up if it presents itself around training camp.

The Giants and Redskins are obvious revenge teams that seem to be at the top of the wishlist. The Redskins may find they could add Bryant in the summer and it would help, but right now they seem content with Doctson, Richardson, Crowder and a more run-oriented offense than in the past. I think the Giants will eventually look into signing Dez cheap but when that may be depends on how long he is willing to wait. I see the Giants struggling again in 2018 so if Dez wanted to wait for them to panic, I could imagine the teo sides would inevitably agree to a deal.

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, DoleINGout said:

Are you really NBT? The offense has been pretty good without Dez. I'm not sure how well he would fit from a personality stand point. I think most people would agree that his better day are behind. 

59 minutes ago, jofos said:

Are you really NBT? The offense has been pretty good without Dez. I'm not sure how well he would fit from a personality stand point. I think most people would agree that his better day are behind. 

My comment you quoted is from April 14th the day Bryant was released in response to the notion that he wouldn't work here.

We don't need Dez. Malcolm Mitchell is going to go off this year.