2018 Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Deadpulse

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I agree, I’m hoping for the best with the youngsters and Van Noy as a third guy isn’t too shabby. I’m just of the belief that we’re a Hightower injury away from fielding another sorry group in 2018.

That’s where I think an Eric Rowe move to safety like he was in college could free up their options a bit. But Hightower is not injured and if he were they could find a cheaper backup than Michael who I find a hair above average.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, dhunt2402 said:

Well the Rams just extended Cooks, 5 years $80 mil. Glad we're not on the hook for that.

Came here to mention this. I loved Cooks, was sad when he was traded, but if that was going to be the level of contract needed to keep him then it was a smart move.

11 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Came here to mention this. I loved Cooks, was sad when he was traded, but if that was going to be the level of contract needed to keep him then it was a smart move.

We got a first round pick for a one-year rental of Cooks. I'd say that's a great deal, and the guy we got for it should be an early difference-maker.

On 18.7.2018 at 12:30 AM, dhunt2402 said:

Well the Rams just extended Cooks, 5 years $80 mil. Glad we're not on the hook for that.

think he is a very good complementary WR but not a #1. I would have extended him for 50/5. 80/5 is way too much for his value.

The problem for Cooks, IMO, is that he does not have the route running, YAC, or possession abilities to maintain his production. He is a home run hitter, period. He relies on his speed to create separation and to gain YAC. He is one of the worst open field runners I have ever seen from a skill position player. IMO, as soon as his body begins to decline, so will his production. Hes the type of player that will hit 30 or even a bit prior and just fall off a cliff.  

On 18/07/2018 at 11:42 PM, AlNFL19 said:

We got a first round pick for a one-year rental of Cooks. I'd say that's a great deal, and the guy we got for it should be an early difference-maker.

Not really because we gave up a 1st Round Pick.

I think the trade ended up being equivalent to losing a 4th Round Pick for the 1 year of Cooks.

2 hours ago, TomRalph said:

Not really because we gave up a 1st Round Pick.

I think the trade ended up being equivalent to losing a 4th Round Pick for the 1 year of Cooks.

We traded #32 overall and 103 for Cooks and 118

We got 23 and 198 for him and 136

So in our trade for him, we valued him as the 30th pick overall. When we flipped him to LA, the Rams value for him was the same as 24 overall. We NETTED value for Cooks, we didnt rent him, the rest of the league paid us in assets to have him play for 1 year :ph34r:

Archived