Dolphins expected to cut Mike Pouncey

49erurtaza

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Yawn

@LeeEvans (moderator)

Guidelines for submitting a reply: 

• Only reply if you have something meaningful to add. One or two word posts, such as ‘Cool’ or ‘Bad trade’, don’t add anything to the news topics

17 hours ago, bzane said:

@LeeEvans (moderator)

• Only reply if you have something meaningful to add. One or two word posts, such as ‘Cool’ or ‘Bad trade’, don’t add anything to the news topics

Alright how about this one?

The situation in Miami has always been an extremely grey area and Martin's recent Instagram murder post makes it even more clear that it's far from a one sided thing. 

The fact that you're implying Incongito and Pouncey reuniting means a return to whatever they were accused of is frankly boring and baseless. Incognito is very clearly not a great person but the fact that you're over looking someone who just basically said he wanted to murder him and painting Martin as the victim is pretty laughable to me. 

I'd argue your post adds just as much appropriate discussion as mine did.

51 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Alright how about this one?

The situation in Miami has always been an extremely grey area and Martin's recent Instagram murder post makes it even more clear that it's far from a one sided thing. 

The fact that you're implying Incongito and Pouncey reuniting means a return to whatever they were accused of is frankly boring and baseless. Incognito is very clearly not a great person but the fact that you're over looking someone who just basically said he wanted to murder him and painting Martin as the victim is pretty laughable to me. 

I'd argue your post adds just as much appropriate discussion as mine did.

And I will suggest to you, @LeeEvans (moderator), that your bitter and defensive response, along with your rule-violating one-word useless retort, reflects the knee-jerk homer reaction of a fan when a player (Incognito) on his chosen team (the Buffalo Bills) comes in for criticism, ignoring that player's (in this case, Incognito's) history of thuggish and bullying behavior. Fan bias, rather than rational thought. One might as well defend wife beaters and child abusers, as long as they play effectively for one's team.

By the way, "alright" is an ungrammatical colloquialism, as though a cousin of "already", rather than an actual English word. The correct form is "all right".

Best of luck to your team (the Buffalo Bills) in their quest to trade up in the draft and acquire a quarterback. It may yet happen, despite the Jets move of today, and would represent a long-awaited justice of a sort.

I don't know that an Instagram murder post adds any clarity 

I think it's anecdotal that bullies target people they can get the requisite reaction from

Martin reacts

I don't know how far things should go when you're trying to toughen someone up; presumably you don't want teammates that won't be able to handle the pressure

12 hours ago, bzane said:

And I will suggest to you, @LeeEvans (moderator), that your bitter and defensive response, along with your rule-violating one-word useless retort, reflects the knee-jerk homer reaction of a fan when a player (Incognito) on his chosen team (the Buffalo Bills) comes in for criticism, ignoring that player's (in this case, Incognito's) history of thuggish and bullying behavior. Fan bias, rather than rational thought. One might as well defend wife beaters and child abusers, as long as they play effectively for one's team.

By the way, "alright" is an ungrammatical colloquialism, as though a cousin of "already", rather than an actual English word. The correct form is "all right".

Best of luck to your team (the Buffalo Bills) in their quest to trade up in the draft and acquire a quarterback. It may yet happen, despite the Jets move of today, and would represent a long-awaited justice of a sort.

How, in any way, did I show a homer reaction? I even mentioned that Incognito was without doubt not a good person. I posted on here when he was accused during the Jags playoff game that if he was found guilty of racist behavior that I want him off the team immediately regardless if it has a negative impact on the team because that type of behavior has no place in the world. All I said was that the situation was certainly not one sided and obvious which I think the investigation and Martin's Instagram post certainly supports. 

Also, the grammar comment is quite petty and unnecessary. I'm posting a comment late at night online not submitting a document at work but thanks.

I wouldn't have responded because this talk between us has nothing to do with the topic but I felt I needed to defend myself after someone said that I basically supported racists, bullying and wife beaters as long as they were on my team. 

On 3/17/2018 at 4:19 AM, bzane said:

@LeeEvans (moderator)

13 hours ago, bzane said:

I don't know what your beef is with LeeEvans, but stick to discussing football, not other posters, or don't post. Thank you.

All right (correct grammar!) everyone’s had their say can we get back to Pouncey?

If it’s a 1-year prove it deal that’s a potentially massive upgrade at C Pulley was awful.  Wouldn’t want to commit beyond 1 year with his injury risk though. 

Annnnd, to get back ON topic, @LeeEvans (moderator), I don't think the unemployed Pouncey the Lesser will be regaining his past glories, such as they were (he never quite measured up to his brother, as I recall), but I do believe he will be given another chance or two, in the Hope Springs Eternal ways of NFL teams whereby Former First-Round Picks have up to nine lives before their uselessness becomes undeniable. I doubt this will be with the Buffalo Bills, but I suppose it could happen. As was pointed out by others The Pounce has hip woes, surely a disaster for an interior O-lineman, that area being a shock absorber on blocks. I suppose it is also possible that a healing miracle could happen, given the technology and wonder drugs, not to suggest steroids, that wrought such astonishing medical success for Adrian Peterson; time will tell.

I understand that the Bills could use an upgrade on their O-line; not sure it will be Pouncey. But someone will give him a chance, I think.

21 minutes ago, bzane said:

Annnnd, to get back ON topic, @LeeEvans (moderator), I don't think the unemployed Pouncey the Lesser will be regaining his past glories, such as they were (he never quite measured up to his brother, as I recall), but I do believe he will be given another chance or two, in the Hope Springs Eternal ways of NFL teams whereby Former First-Round Picks have up to nine lives before their uselessness becomes undeniable. I doubt this will be with the Buffalo Bills, but I suppose it could happen. As was pointed out by others The Pounce has hip woes, surely a disaster for an interior O-lineman, that area being a shock absorber on blocks. I suppose it is also possible that a healing miracle could happen, given the technology and wonder drugs, not to suggest steroids, that wrought such astonishing medical success for Adrian Peterson; time will tell.

I understand that the Bills could use an upgrade on their O-line; not sure it will be Pouncey. But someone will give him a chance, I think.

Agreed. I don't think he'll have success moving forward and his injury history would scare me away. I personally didn't want him on the Bills and am glad he signed with the Chargers. I'm interested to see how much he got. Also kinda funny that he left the Dolphins because they didn't believe in him long term and then signs a one year deal. 

5 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Agreed. I don't think he'll have success moving forward and his injury history would scare me away. I personally didn't want him on the Bills and am glad he signed with the Chargers. I'm interested to see how much he got. Also kinda funny that he left the Dolphins because they didn't believe in him long term and then signs a one year deal. 

I don’t think LAC is official.  It’s just a visit.

If it’s a 1-year prove it deal at less than 5M guaranteed more incentive driven it would be all right.   :D

13 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Also kinda funny that he left the Dolphins because they didn't believe in him long term and then signs a one year deal. 

They also allegedly offered to keep him at a 50% pay cut. I think he clears that.. barely.

On 3/18/2018 at 9:53 AM, Broncofan said:

I don’t think LAC is official.  It’s just a visit.

If it’s a 1-year prove it deal at less than 5M guaranteed more incentive driven it would be all right.   :D

I've seen a couple Chargers podcasts that chose to include him in content they released today, but I haven't seen anything official beyond that his visit was extending into today (announced yesterday) and that part of that reason was they were going to give him a physical (it would be typical of Dean's Dummies to pass him on the physical first and then discuss contract terms rather than using leverage presented to them on a silver platter).

Archived