Mike Pouncey

mwalker

Interesting!!!!  He would be more expensive than Foster or Finney, but I think they would be very interested.  Money would be the factor.  We might be able to get him for a year or so on the "I want to play with my brother discount."  The only reason that I say that is the Steelers were supposedly very close to trading up to get Pouncey when he came out.  Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the rumor was that if he fell a slot or two more the Steelers had a trade up partner in place. 

I love what Finney brings and he would be another Chris Hubbard cap casualty after this season or would get a raise to take over for Foster.  He would make the middle of our OL even better.  Both he and Marquise are versatile enough to play guard and they are quick enough to get to the next level in the run game.

We obviously have bigger needs, but this would make a very good or solid OL into a potentially great one.

I hope not, but this FO might g4et talked into it. We have cap restrictions and then we also have Finney who is better than our starter. POuncey though, would be a versatile interior that can play centre , as good as our centre . This isn't looking good, but with bell wanting and to be getting his mega deal, we just might not be able to. The cousins deal probably will make bell think a bit more of his deal too.

This is a no brainer for me. Restructure Maurkice Pouncey creating $3m cap room. Cut Foster picking up $2.675m cap room. Give Mike Pouncey the 5 year, $44m deal the Steelers gave Maurkice in 2014. It's a slight hometown discount given inflation and injury concerns. Maurkice had a cap figure of $5m in 2014, so the money works itself out. You just upgraded to an all-pro.

You look at restructuring Heyward to sign Tyrann Mathieu. Creating $5.4m in cap space this year and pushing money ($2.7m per year) on future years. And you're able to cure that by restructuring Heyward again next year with a three year extension where you can spread out his next year's salary over five years. So what you pushed on the contract from this year where it would look bad today is cured through an extension.

You get a guard of the future. Safety of the future. Now your all-world backup BJ Finney is your interior OL backup. Foster is actually the weakest link on the line. Goodbye.

34 minutes ago, Money said:

This is a no brainer for me. Restructure Maurkice Pouncey creating $3m cap room. Cut Foster picking up $2.675m cap room. Give Mike Pouncey the 5 year, $44m deal the Steelers gave Maurkice in 2014. It's a slight hometown discount given inflation and injury concerns. Maurkice had a cap figure of $5m in 2014, so the money works itself out. You just upgraded to an all-pro.

You look at restructuring Heyward to sign Tyrann Mathieu. Creating $5.4m in cap space this year and pushing money ($2.7m per year) on future years. And you're able to cure that by restructuring Heyward again next year with a three year extension where you can spread out his next year's salary over five years. So what you pushed on the contract from this year where it would look bad today is cured through an extension.

You get a guard of the future. Safety of the future. Now your all-world backup BJ Finney is your interior OL backup. Foster is actually the weakest link on the line. Goodbye.

I like this, and for some reason had a brain fart and forgot about the importance of the OL. Now we know Finney will be a good to excellent guard, but why not keep him as a reserve for a few years? That way we are set in the interior  near the best in the league.  I was hoping for upgrades on D, but maybe just forget about D since the 2 teams in the SB never stopped each other all game anywayso.O

Potentially 4 legit ProBowlers if Gilbert stays on the field.  It could be our best OL since who knows when, not the best runblocking but a good balance of both pass pro and run. maybe older brother takes pay cut too make this happen?

We need to be getting cheaper on the O-line. I didn’t come up with this idea, I took it from someone else on here, but if Munchak is as good as we think we shouldn’t be spending nearly what we are on the line. 

I actually think we should try to trade Gilbert for some cap relief. He’d probably fetch us some nice compensation. We could start Hawkins. I doubt we’d do it because we’d be selling low on him.

Archived